Re: security problem

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Hugo, Dec 1, 2006.

  1. Hugo

    Hugo Guest

    Hi !

    And if you loose connectivity with your DOMAIN, YOU will NOT be able to
    logon locally to try fixing the problem !!!!

    Hugo

    message de news: ...

    Hugo, Dec 1, 2006

  2. Hugo

    Hugo Guest

    Hi !

    Tareq wanted to remove the local PC from the "Logon from" drop down
    list....If this option had been available, it would be impossible to logon
    locally !!!!

    Hugo, Dec 1, 2006

  3. Hugo wrote:
    > Hi !
    >
    > And if you loose connectivity with your DOMAIN, YOU will NOT be able to
    > logon locally to try fixing the problem !!!!
    >
    > Hugo

    One would hope he would leave an admin account active. I'm not sure why
    anyone would put local accounts other than the defaults on machines
    joining a domain. Seems kinda nuts to me...
    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 2, 2006
  4. Hugo

    LRM Guest

    "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote in message
    > Hugo wrote:
    >> Hi !
    >>
    >> And if you loose connectivity with your DOMAIN, YOU will NOT be able to
    >> logon locally to try fixing the problem !!!!
    >>
    >> Hugo

    > One would hope he would leave an admin account active. I'm not sure why
    > anyone would put local accounts other than the defaults on machines
    > joining a domain. Seems kinda nuts to me...

    Yeah, we get those sometimes, posters who are nuts I mean.
    LRM, Dec 2, 2006
  5. LRM wrote:
    > "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote in message
    >> Hugo wrote:
    >>> Hi !
    >>>
    >>> And if you loose connectivity with your DOMAIN, YOU will NOT be able to
    >>> logon locally to try fixing the problem !!!!
    >>>
    >>> Hugo

    >> One would hope he would leave an admin account active. I'm not sure why
    >> anyone would put local accounts other than the defaults on machines
    >> joining a domain. Seems kinda nuts to me...

    > Yeah, we get those sometimes, posters who are nuts I mean.

    Yes, someone should take away their admin title :)
    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 2, 2006
  6. Hugo

    > LRM wrote:
    >> "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote in message

    >>> One would hope he would leave an admin account active. I'm not sure why
    >>> anyone would put local accounts other than the defaults on machines
    >>> joining a domain. Seems kinda nuts to me...

    >> Yeah, we get those sometimes, posters who are nuts I mean.

    > Yes, someone should take away their admin title :)

    Better yet, someone may want to invest in a clue and give it to the company
    management for the holidays. That's the trouble with certs, if the clueser
    hasn't any experience (which can be acquired without employment) then he or
    she winds up posting some dumb crap in here. To top it off the same clueser
    expects us to sit around and pat him/her on the back for posting the
    aforementioned stupid question.Additionally, the clueser then expects the
    rest of us to do the clueser's research! I'm with CBIC today. It must be
    "Beat A Lousy Lamer Silly" day. Wait that makes it BALLS day! Hey isn't
    there an educational clip for this? Where's Neil's men's room etiquette
    spot? Kline surely has something to say on this special occasion.Fris has
    already been placed in charge of refreshments...I think he is serving some
    new protein drink called hard apple or something.

    Oh and that reminds me why would there be a problem with the local machine
    name showing up in the dropdown? Why the heck would there be any local
    account other than the machine admin account....oh wait, lemme guess the
    dude never set up admin passwords and is trying to find a way to push out a
    remedy. LOL! Happy BALLS day everyone!

    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2
    LRM, Dec 2, 2006
  7. LRM wrote:
    > Happy BALLS day everyone!

    First, can someone without the aforementioned BALLS celebrate this newly
    designated holiday? Second, what exactly will the Hallmark card for
    this day say? Finally, this day makes no sense. My balls aren't
    particularly happy at the moment because they are trapped inside a
    cotton parachute that has mysterious brown stripe precariously close by.

    >"Beat A Lousy Lemur Silly"

    And in good taste this seems a bit mean. What have those cute little
    creatures ever done to you!
    Red Swingline Stapler, Dec 4, 2006
  8. Hugo

    kpg Guest

    As LRM once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    I think this little gem is worth repeating....

    "experience...can be acquired without employment"

    Now there is no excuse.

    <small print>

    Employment is still one of the BEST ways to get
    experience, but not the only one. YMMV. Employment
    may lead to excessive drinking, cause bleeding
    ulcers and result in bouts of uncontrollable sobbing
    and premature death. Consult you're physician to
    see if employment is right for you. Not for children
    under the age of 12, or if you're pregnant or nursing.
    Please.

    </small print>
    kpg, Dec 4, 2006
  9. Hugo

    LRM Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > As LRM once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    > I think this little gem is worth repeating....
    >
    > "experience...can be acquired without employment"
    >
    > Now there is no excuse.
    >
    > <small print>
    >
    > Employment is still one of the BEST ways to get
    > experience, but not the only one. YMMV. Employment
    > may lead to excessive drinking, cause bleeding
    > ulcers and result in bouts of uncontrollable sobbing
    > and premature death. Consult you're physician to
    > see if employment is right for you. Not for children
    > under the age of 12, or if you're pregnant or nursing.
    > Please.
    >
    > </small print>

    I believe I would like to declare the fine print PoTD.
    LRM, Dec 5, 2006
  10. Hugo

    LRM Guest

    "Red Swingline Stapler" <> wrote in message
    > LRM wrote:
    >> Happy BALLS day everyone!

    > First, can someone without the aforementioned BALLS celebrate this newly
    > designated holiday?

    Yes, anyone in the company of balls can celebrate this holiday. It can be
    celebrated by those who wish to be in the company of balls as well, although
    the jockularity will be diminished by their absence. Those wishing harm to
    balls should declare a completely different holiday, like...oh, how about
    Happy Idiot day or some such thing like that.

    > Second, what exactly will the Hallmark card for this day say?

    "Enjoy your balls," of course, what did you think?

    > Finally, this day makes no sense. My balls aren't particularly happy at
    > the moment because they are trapped inside a cotton parachute that has
    > mysterious brown stripe precariously close by.

    TMI on the brown stripe, and if you are feeling constricted, consult your
    copy of Man Law. Jeez do I have to explain everything?

    > >"Beat A Lousy Lemur Silly"

    > And in good taste this seems a bit mean. What have those cute little
    > creatures ever done to you!

    Yes its mean. See the fine print posted by KPG in this thread for further
    clarification.
    On the bright side, I rarely have to encounter the little buggers any more.
    They are also known to cause a rash. Your comment about Lemurs though, that
    was uncalled for and means you require a beating yourself. However, I'll
    have to pencil your beating in for sometime late January, I'm afraid I'm
    booked solid till then.
    LRM, Dec 5, 2006
  11. Hugo

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    "LRM" <> wrote in message
    > <snip> ... However, I'll have to pencil your beating in for sometime late
    > January, I'm afraid I'm booked solid till then.

    Neil again? What have we told you about dedicating ALL your time to Neil's
    beatings?

    If you're going to be the uhfishel mcngp interrogator, then you should hire
    yourself an uhfishel mcngp skeduler so that nobody else gets neglected.

    thx 4 ur time mistress

    <turns & runs away>

    --
    BD
    BD[MCNGP], Dec 5, 2006
  12. Hugo

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    "LRM" <> wrote in message
    <snipped for brevity>
    > Your comment about Lemurs though, that was uncalled for and means you
    > require a beating yourself. However, I'll have to pencil your beating in
    > for sometime late January, I'm afraid I'm booked solid till then.

    Jeez, I didn't know you like Neil that much!
    Lnkwizard2, Dec 5, 2006
  13. Hugo

    Guest Guest

    "Dragon Without Wings" <> wrote in message

    > I rest my case

    Oh h3ll, you shouldn't have gone and done that.

    Now you're in trouble. ;)
    Guest, Dec 6, 2006
  14. Hugo

    LRM Guest

    > "LRM" wrote:
    >
    >> "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >> > As LRM once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >> >
    >> > I think this little gem is worth repeating....
    >> >
    >> > "experience...can be acquired without employment"
    >> >
    >> > Now there is no excuse.
    >> >
    >> > <small print>
    >> >
    >> > Employment is still one of the BEST ways to get
    >> > experience, but not the only one. YMMV. Employment
    >> > may lead to excessive drinking, cause bleeding
    >> > ulcers and result in bouts of uncontrollable sobbing
    >> > and premature death. Consult you're physician to
    >> > see if employment is right for you. Not for children
    >> > under the age of 12, or if you're pregnant or nursing.
    >> > Please.
    >> >
    >> > </small print>
    >> >

    >> I believe I would like to declare the fine print PoTD.
    >>

    > I rest my case

    You try to confuse. What was your case? The last point you made, while
    valid, had to do with a local administrator's account and nothing what so
    ever to do with work. What case are you trying to rest? I'm afraid your case
    has long since passed on, it is a late case. In fact it is gone and
    forgotten as we have all moved on to another topic in this thread. The topic
    was experience and work, and now it has morphed into an opportunity to
    practice my kerpalism. I recommend you attempt the same.
    LRM, Dec 7, 2006
  15. Hugo

    JaR Guest

    On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 20:27:05 -0600, LRM cast into the ether:

    > What case are you trying to rest? I'm afraid your case
    > has long since passed on, it is a late case. In fact it is gone and
    > forgotten

    No, it's just restin'

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Dec 7, 2006
  16. Hugo

    LRM Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 20:27:05 -0600, LRM cast into the ether:
    >
    >> What case are you trying to rest? I'm afraid your case
    >> has long since passed on, it is a late case. In fact it is gone and
    >> forgotten

    > No, it's just restin'

    Case want a cracker?
    LRM, Dec 10, 2006
  17. Hugo

    CertGuard Guest

    "LRM" <> wrote in message
    > "JaR" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 20:27:05 -0600, LRM cast into the ether:
    >>
    >>> What case are you trying to rest? I'm afraid your case
    >>> has long since passed on, it is a late case. In fact it is gone and
    >>> forgotten

    >> No, it's just restin'
    >>

    > Case want a cracker?

    I'm sure Polly does!
    CertGuard, Dec 10, 2006
  18. Hugo

    LRM Guest

    "CertGuard" <> wrote in message

    > "LRM" <> wrote in message
    >> "JaR" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 20:27:05 -0600, LRM cast into the ether:

    >>> No, it's just restin'
    >>>

    >> Case want a cracker?
    >>

    > I'm sure Polly does!

    This case has ceased to be!