Re: Security Ordeal at Shopping Center Taking Photos (longer post)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Azzz1588, Oct 8, 2003.

  1. Azzz1588

    Azzz1588 Guest

    >Even as we speak the last right of the
    >parents, that of smacking naughty children, is under constant bombardment
    >from 'rights' groups. yet when these things are removed nobody seems to know
    >what to do in their place.

    I know several parents whose kids came back from school and told their
    parents they would call 911 if their parents ever hit them again.
    End result is that several of these kid's are now in jail.
    And families that have been torn apart................

    The best one was when my younger son was suspended after
    a fight with a bully who had repeatedly had hit him. All of a sudden one
    day, my son had had enough, and since the teachers didnt do anything
    to stop the attacker, my son royally kicked his ass, and then got
    suspended.
    Now when the guidance consuler called, she told me that I had to
    make sure my son knew that violence was unacceptable under ANY
    circumstances. I then told her that would be very hard, as at that very
    moment my son was watching people not more than 10 years older than
    him drop laser guided bombs in the Balkans, as per our own
    presidents orders. She said she hadnt thought of that. I than proceded
    to tell her she had better do a little more thinking before the next time
    she called me and said something so stupid.......

    This is truely a sad state of affairs

    Azzz1588, Oct 8, 2003

  2. Azzz1588

    Mxsmanic Guest

    Azzz1588 writes:

    > I know several parents whose kids came back from school and told their
    > parents they would call 911 if their parents ever hit them again.
    > End result is that several of these kid's are now in jail.

    Show cause and effect, not just correlation.

    > Now when the guidance consuler called, she told me that I had to
    > make sure my son knew that violence was unacceptable under ANY
    > circumstances. I then told her that would be very hard, as at that very
    > moment my son was watching people not more than 10 years older than
    > him drop laser guided bombs in the Balkans, as per our own
    > presidents orders. She said she hadnt thought of that. I than proceded
    > to tell her she had better do a little more thinking before the next time
    > she called me and said something so stupid.......

    You're fortunate that I wasn't the counselor, as that sort of argument
    would be easy to dismantle.

    Mxsmanic, Oct 8, 2003

  3. "Azzz1588" <> wrote in message

    > The best one was when my younger son was suspended after
    > a fight with a bully who had repeatedly had hit him. All of a sudden one
    > day, my son had had enough, and since the teachers didnt do anything
    > to stop the attacker, my son royally kicked his ass, and then got
    > suspended.

    In a single quick pull-back and release my son toppled another who had been
    pushing my son against his hallway locker. I received a call to remove him
    from school for the rest of the day. The other kid was suspended for a week
    and nursed a broken nose.
    My son wasn't and still isn't violent but he did and still does work out. I
    guess the two of them never had gym class together.
    Mark_

    mark_digital©, Oct 8, 2003
  4. Azzz1588

    Azzz1588 Guest

    In article <bm0kd9$scg$>, "mark_digital©" <>
    writes:

    >I received a call to remove him
    >from school for the rest of the day. The other kid was suspended for a week
    >and nursed a broken nose.

    I've already been through the wringer with the school system.
    The problem with them, andI told them this, is that their job
    is to teach kid's how to be productive members of society, and
    give them the basic skills to be able to.
    NOT (!!!) moral values, or how to *like* other people.
    But in reality most of their time is spent doing just that....
    It is mine, and my wife's job to help our kid's, and teach them
    moral values.

    When I pointed this out to the school princple, he blew a gasket.

    Good thing is that the older son is on his 5th year on the deans list
    at college, and the younger son is joining the Army next year, and
    trying for Ranger. He wants to do this a carrer.

    I couldnt be more proud of both of them
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Azzz1588, Oct 8, 2003
  5. Azzz1588

    Azzz1588 Guest

    In article <>, Mxsmanic
    <> writes:

    >Show cause and effect, not just correlation.

    Story would be too long, but a friend had a long problem with
    a runaway teenage daughter, End result she ran off
    with a lowlife, commited crimes, and is now in jail...

    >You're fortunate that I wasn't the counselor, as that sort of argument
    >would be easy to dismantle.

    By all means please give it a whirl.

    Azzz1588, Oct 8, 2003
  6. Azzz1588

    Mxsmanic Guest

    Azzz1588 writes:

    > Story would be too long, but a friend had a long problem with
    > a runaway teenage daughter, End result she ran off
    > with a lowlife, commited crimes, and is now in jail...

    When you are ready to show cause and effect, let me know.

    Children very rarely run away from home unless there is something
    horribly wrong with their home lives.

    > By all means please give it a whirl.

    I'd have simply said that violence was not acceptable under any
    circumstances _at school_, thereby anticipating and defusing your
    arguemnt.

    Mxsmanic, Oct 8, 2003
  7. Azzz1588

    Azzz1588 Guest

    In article <>, Mxsmanic
    <> writes:

    >I'd have simply said that violence was not acceptable under any
    >circumstances _at school_, thereby anticipating and defusing your
    >arguemnt.

    But then you are implying it is OK under other circumstances.
    Please do elaborate.....................

    Azzz1588, Oct 9, 2003
  8. Azzz1588

    Mxsmanic Guest

    Azzz1588 writes:

    > But then you are implying it is OK under other circumstances.
    > Please do elaborate.....................

    It's acceptable as a last resort for physical self-defense, if there are
    no non-violent options (note, however, that there are pretty much
    _always_ non-violent options, no matter what the angry young males might
    like to believe).

    Nothing else occurs to me offhand, but there may be other acceptable
    circumstances.

    Mxsmanic, Oct 9, 2003
  9. Azzz1588

    dvus Guest

    Mxsmanic wrote:
    > Azzz1588 writes:
    >
    >> But then you are implying it is OK under other circumstances.
    >> Please do elaborate.....................

    > It's acceptable as a last resort for physical self-defense, if there
    > are no non-violent options (note, however, that there are pretty much
    > _always_ non-violent options, no matter what the angry young males
    > might like to believe).
    >
    > Nothing else occurs to me offhand, but there may be other acceptable
    > circumstances.

    Well, you'd have to make exceptions for sports, (boxing, football, etc.) and for
    practicing those sports, prevention of harm to others and oneself, wars and of
    course platform disagreements.

    dvus

    dvus, Oct 9, 2003