Re: Security against fire..

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by John D, Feb 9, 2009.

  1. John D

    John D Guest

    "Tim Jackson" <> wrote in message
    > Guy Macon wrote:
    >> Tim Jackson wrote:

    >>> You want some water in there to pump out incoming heat.

    >> That's pretty good! I don't think 100 degrees C will hurt an SD card
    >> at all.
    >>

    > I can't find the thermal spec. for SD cards, but for example the flash
    > memory devices I use for my industrial controllers are rated for
    > storage temperature up to 125C, so should be protectable this way. I
    > don't see why SD cards should be any lower, most other semiconductors
    > are good to 150C at least.
    >
    > Tim

    Interestingly, on BBC news this morning was the story of a guy who had
    lost his home and all possessions in one of the dreadful fires in
    Victoria, Australia. Only recently he had bought a fireproof safe in
    which he had stored irreplaceable family photographs gathered over his
    lifetime.

    He has recovered the safe, but everything within it had been destroyed.
    --
    Dave

    John D, Feb 9, 2009