Re: Security against fire..

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Jeff Stehman, Feb 8, 2009.

  1. Jeff Stehman

    Jeff Stehman Guest

    Who Me? wrote:
    > I am considering balsa wood; inside a fire safe it should use
    > up all the air while charring the outer layer, while still insulating
    > the plastic flash card from heat that would melt it. Anyone have a
    > better idea? I don't have to start with a fire safe.

    I don't think flame/oxygen will be your enemy inside the safe, just
    heat. I considered the same problem for CDs last year and opted for a
    wooden box lined with 1.5" of rigid foam insulation, but I can't make
    any claims about effectiveness.

    --Jeff Stehman

    Jeff Stehman, Feb 8, 2009

  2. Jeff Stehman

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 08:27:57 -0600, Jeff Stehman wrote:

    > Who Me? wrote:
    >> I am considering balsa wood; inside a fire safe it should use
    >> up all the air while charring the outer layer, while still insulating
    >> the plastic flash card from heat that would melt it. Anyone have a
    >> better idea? I don't have to start with a fire safe.

    > I don't think flame/oxygen will be your enemy inside the safe, just
    > heat. I considered the same problem for CDs last year and opted for a
    > wooden box lined with 1.5" of rigid foam insulation, but I can't make
    > any claims about effectiveness.
    >
    > --Jeff Stehman

    Try burning it.

    duh