Re: Second Shot

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by The Rev \(MCT\), Mar 19, 2005.

  1. Yes, you have to register the second shot offer when you register the
    initial test with VUE or Prometric. You could call one of them and see if
    they'd be willing to help you out, but I doubt it. Sorry about the test
    though, good luck on the retake.

    --
    "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

    justafreak.com
    ..
    "Chris M" <> wrote in message
    > Quick question about second shot:
    >
    > Do you have to register for it before you take the exam you think you

    might
    > fail?
    >
    > I took 70-290 and failed it earlier this month, but I hadn't been to the
    > second shot page beforehand.
    >
    > If I schedule a retake of this exam, should I be able to get it for free

    by

    The Rev \(MCT\), Mar 19, 2005

  2. Nah !

    Nope. If you submitted that promo code while registering for 1st exam you
    could
    get free exam. I guess you did not aware of this offer before. Anyway try
    may be
    you'll get free offer. Or check out at www.prometric.com

    See ya,
    Amey.
    [ M.C.P. Since 2002 ; M.C.S.E. Windows 2000 ; M.C.S.A. Windows server
    2003 ; M.C.S.E. Windows server 2003 ]

    Amey Abhyankar., Mar 20, 2005

  3. You can use the code once for every paid test you take. If you use the
    code when registering and fail the 70-290 this time, you can take the
    70-290 again. If you pass, you have to pay another $125 (or whatever
    you are paying) to take the 70-291. Use the code while registering and
    fail the 70-291 the first time and you get a free retake of just that
    test. Hope that makes sense...

    Chris M wrote:

    > Cheers Rev,
    >
    > Another question then:
    >
    > Let's say I use the promotion code when I take 70-290 again, just in

    case I
    > (God forbid) fail a third time.
    >
    > If I don't fail the exam and therefore don't claim my free retake,

    can I
    > re-use the offer when I book my next exam (70-291), in case I fail

    that one?

    blastingfonda, Mar 20, 2005
  4. That's correct. You can only use on retake per exam, but as mentioned you an
    retake as many different exams as you can take.

    --
    "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

    justafreak.com
    ..