Re: Second attempt regarding Windows Media Player

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by JANATARD, Jun 1, 2005.

  1. JANATARD

    JANATARD Guest

    Yes. If you are getting "Virtual memory too low" errors, it's definitely a
    codec issue.

    --
    Poster: "My machine is very slow to boot up."
    JANA the JANATARD: "Clean out the IE cache."
    JANATARD, Jun 1, 2005

  2. JANATARD

    Gerry Wolf Guest

    Ok, now we're getting somewhere. I indeed do get "Virtual memory too low"
    error messages. So, where do I get the codecs? Or are they simply corrupt?

    Gerry

    Gerry Wolf, Jun 1, 2005

  3. JANATARD

    old jon Guest

    I quote this
    `The virtual memory is the space your computer uses when it runs short of
    RAM memory. The paging file is the place where Windows handles your virtual
    memory settings. If your computer wants to change it, you should go ahead
    and let it because XP will adjust the setting to meet the current memory
    needs. I do not recommend changing these settings manually as Windows can
    manage the size much more efficiently than the user can. Making your virtual
    memory setting larger will increase the number of addresses and will make
    Windows lazy.`
    How much memory have you ?.

    "JANATARD" <> wrote in message
    > Yes. If you are getting "Virtual memory too low" errors, it's definitely a
    > codec issue.

    Rubbish !

    old jon, Jun 1, 2005
  4. JANATARD

    JANATARD Guest

    Short-term or long- urm?????

    JANATARD, Jun 1, 2005
  5. JANATARD

    old jon Guest

    Damned if I can remember. %> )

    old jon, Jun 1, 2005
  6. JANATARD

    Gerry Wolf Guest

    Currently have 512 mb memory...

    Gerry

    Gerry Wolf, Jun 1, 2005
  7. JANATARD

    Fuckknuckle Guest

    Gerry Wolf wrote:
    > Currently have 512 mb memory...
    >
    > Gerry
    >
    > "old jon" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I quote this
    >>`The virtual memory is the space your computer uses when it runs short of
    >>RAM memory. The paging file is the place where Windows handles your
    >>virtual memory settings. If your computer wants to change it, you should
    >>go ahead and let it because XP will adjust the setting to meet the current
    >>memory needs. I do not recommend changing these settings manually as
    >>Windows can manage the size much more efficiently than the user can.
    >>Making your virtual memory setting larger will increase the number of
    >>addresses and will make Windows lazy.`
    >>How much memory have you ?.
    >>
    >>"JANATARD" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Yes. If you are getting "Virtual memory too low" errors, it's definitely
    >>>codec issue.

    >>Rubbish !
    >>
    >>>"Gerry Wolf" <> wrote in message

    >>>--
    >>>Poster: "My machine is very slow to boot up."
    >>>JANA the JANATARD: "Clean out the IE cache."

    Let Windows manage your page file - uninstall/reinstall windows media
    player - get the nimo codec pack or gordian knot codec pack
    Fuckknuckle, Jun 2, 2005