Re: Searching for a prog or 3

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Jeff Strickland, Aug 9, 2012.

  1. "Loony" <> wrote in message
    > Hello again Experts :)
    >
    > I had 8 .jpgs of about 200K size. Three of them accidentally got deleted.
    > I spent a few hours searching for the 3 and failed.
    >
    > Please advise. I am too exhausted to continue :-(
    >
    > TIA

    If you deleted the files, they went to the Recycle Bin (assuming you have
    Windows), and are still there unless the recycle bin has been emptied.

    If the Recycle Bin has been emptied, then you need a program that can
    recover the file from the hard drive, or what ever drive it was stored on
    before it was deleted.

    A file takes space on the drive. When you delete the file, all that happens
    is the space is _marked_ as not occupied. The space actually is occupied,
    but is marked as empty. A new file comes along that is looking for empty
    space, and it can be placed on top of the file you are looking for. IF YOU
    HAVE NOT STORED NEW FILES SINCE DELETING THE OLD ONE(S), THEN THE OLD FILES
    CAN BE RECOVERED. THE LONGER YOU GO WITHOUT RECOVERING THE FILES YOU LOST,
    THE LESS THE CHANCES ARE THAT THE RECOVERY WILL BE SUCCESSFUL. I am not
    sure, but I believe you can buy file recovery software from Best Buy, or
    equivelent. You might find file recovery software on the 'net that you can
    download, I assume such downloads will want to hit your credit card. You can
    have the software instantly if you download, or you can jump in the car and
    drive across town. Your keyword for this is FILE RECOVERY SOFTWARE.
    Jeff Strickland, Aug 9, 2012