Re: Search for phrase

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by bb3, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. bb3

    bb3 Guest

    "Ed Mullikin" <> wrote in message
    > I edit a quarterly 36 page magazine. After I have all the new material
    > typed I use miscellaneous stuff, humor, etc to take up space in the
    > composing stage. I have a fear of repeating material from an earlier

    issue.
    > Does anyone know of a search program where I can search a directory (not a
    > file) for a specific phrase? I'm aware of XP's search and Word's search

    or
    > goto but they are not quite satisfactory for my purposes.

    I don't know what OS you're using, but in Win ME open Windows Explorer,
    click the Search button (or press ctrl+f). You'll see a new pane open at
    the right. You can search for files by name or containing text. In the
    Containing Text box, just put the phrase you're looking for and it should
    find it in the actual text of the file.

    bb3, Aug 7, 2003