Re: Seagate FreeAgent survives fall

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Curt, Apr 23, 2010.

  1. Curt

    Curt Guest

    "Jane Galt" <> wrote in message
    > Wow this is amazing.
    >
    > I was fumbling around near the shelf where my FreeAgent drive sits on a
    > wire
    > stand next to the PC, and the next thing I know it was falling behind the
    > desk and onto the floor, from a height of about 5'.
    >
    > I thought; Oh frack! That's it for this drive!
    >
    > Picked it up, put the plastic stand base back on, found the power and usb
    > plugs on the floor and plugged it back in, not knowing what to expect.
    > ( smoke, flames....)
    >
    > It works!
    >

    > --
    > - Jane Galt

    You don't say whether the drive was standing vertical in the supplied base,
    or laying flat. I have the same drive and made sure to lay it flat to
    decrease the possibility of such an accident. Desktop space is always a
    consideration, but if at all possible lay the drive flat. The drive might
    not survive another incident.

    Curt

    Curt, Apr 23, 2010