Re: Seagate FreeAgent survives fall

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by NotMe, Apr 22, 2010.

  1. NotMe

    NotMe Guest

    "Jane Galt" <> wrote in message
    | Wow this is amazing.
    |
    | I was fumbling around near the shelf where my FreeAgent drive sits on a
    wire
    | stand next to the PC, and the next thing I know it was falling behind the
    | desk and onto the floor, from a height of about 5'.
    |
    | I thought; Oh frack! That's it for this drive!
    |
    | Picked it up, put the plastic stand base back on, found the power and usb
    | plugs on the floor and plugged it back in, not knowing what to expect.
    | ( smoke, flames....)
    |
    | It works!
    |
    | - Jane Galt

    Best to back up the data and soon. Then don't plan on using the drive to
    store mission critical data.
    NotMe, Apr 22, 2010

  2. NotMe

    NotMe Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    | NotMe wrote:
    | > "Jane Galt" <> wrote in message
    | > | Wow this is amazing.
    | > |
    | > | I was fumbling around near the shelf where my FreeAgent drive sits on
    | > wire
    | > | stand next to the PC, and the next thing I know it was falling behind
    the
    | > | desk and onto the floor, from a height of about 5'.
    | > |
    | > | I thought; Oh frack! That's it for this drive!
    | > |
    | > | Picked it up, put the plastic stand base back on, found the power and
    usb
    | > | plugs on the floor and plugged it back in, not knowing what to expect.
    | > | ( smoke, flames....)
    | > |
    | > | It works!
    | > |
    | > | - Jane Galt
    | >
    | > Best to back up the data and soon. Then don't plan on using the drive
    | > store mission critical data.
    | >

    | Not a bad idea
    | but the drive is probably fine

    Not unlike a seat belt, you may need it only once but which once.

    I mentioned the potential as I just finished an emergency data recover for a
    friend that dropped their external drive two weeks ago.
    NotMe, Apr 22, 2010