Re: SD card question

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by - Bobb -, Dec 30, 2008.

  1. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    On some cards there is a physical sliding LOCK switch.
    Ignoring the picture frame for now ... basic stuff:
    what operating system ?
    ( Early windows PC's couldn't have drive larger than 512mb - couldn't "count
    that high".)
    You insert the SD card into a PC ? ( XP ?) and
    1. Click 'My Computer ' ,
    2. right-click on "SD card drive letter" and click properties.
    How big is the drive? how much free space ?
    ( Did you ever format it ? )
    3. When you get the "I'm full" message, do right-click again - how much free
    space does it show on the disk ?
    4. Right-click on "SD card drive letter" , Format it
    go to step #2.

    - Bobb -, Dec 30, 2008