Re: Scuba Divers Definitely Love The D3!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Wolfgang Schmittenhammer, Jun 18, 2008.

  1. Wolfgang Schmittenhammer, Jun 18, 2008

  2. Wolfgang Schmittenhammer

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:59:04 -0400, Wolfgang Schmittenhammer
    <> wrote:

    >Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    >> Nothing like going under with the D3!
    >>
    >> <http://ritaberk.myhosting247.com/scuba.htm>
    >>

    >> Rita

    >Frog picture using 'cheapo' D70
    >http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2183/1971885722_05d13dc98f_o.jpg

    Rita's image was criticized because a polarizing filter wasn't used.
    Either the water in Wolfgang's image was exceedingly clear or a
    filter was used. It's not that bad that water looks like water. In
    W's picture one has to look twice to know the frog's surroundings. It
    looks artificial.

    Even so, it's an interesting image.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jun 18, 2008

  3. tony cooper wrote:
    > On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:59:04 -0400, Wolfgang Schmittenhammer
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    >>> Nothing like going under with the D3!
    >>>
    >>> <http://ritaberk.myhosting247.com/scuba.htm>
    >>>

    >>> Rita

    >> Frog picture using 'cheapo' D70
    >> http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2183/1971885722_05d13dc98f_o.jpg

    > Rita's image was criticized because a polarizing filter wasn't used.
    > Either the water in Wolfgang's image was exceedingly clear or a
    > filter was used. It's not that bad that water looks like water. In
    > W's picture one has to look twice to know the frog's surroundings. It
    > looks artificial.
    >
    > Even so, it's an interesting image.

    Yes I am almost certain I was using a circular polarizer, on the 70-200
    vr with a 1.7 teleconverter. I actually went down to the park (drainage
    ditch) because a friend at work asked how a polarizer works.

    Wolfgang Schmittenhammer, Jun 18, 2008
  4. Wolfgang Schmittenhammer

    Paul Furman Guest

    Wolfgang Schmittenhammer wrote:
    > Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    >> Nothing like going under with the D3!
    >>
    >> <http://ritaberk.myhosting247.com/scuba.htm>
    >>

    >> Rita

    > Frog picture using 'cheapo' D70
    > http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2183/1971885722_05d13dc98f_o.jpg

    With a D200 & 105 macro + 2x teleconverter as I recall:
    http://edgehill.net/Southwest/7-20-06-ramsey-canyon/pg3
    and from that set for Rita:
    http://edgehill.net/Southwest/7-20-06-ramsey-canyon/pg8

    --