Re: Screwed my resolution up

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Sep 27, 2010.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    > Using Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit and a Dell U2410 monitor. Native
    > resolution on the monitor is 1920 x 1200. Since I got the monitor
    > three months ago, I've had it set for 1680 x 1050, as it's easier to
    > see without having to wear glasses. Tongith, for some stupid reason
    > (idle hands) I changed the color from 32 bit to 16 bit to se what the
    > difference was and also because Paint Shop Pro was readjusting
    > something to do with color every time I launched itn then set it back
    > when I closed the program and I wanted to see what was going on. When
    > I went back to 32 bit color, the resolution setting of 1680 x 1050 no
    > longer fills the entire monitor screen as it had before I screwed with
    > things. I've looked all through the settings, even reset the factory
    > settings on the monitor to try and get a full screen back but I can't.
    > I only get a full screen now when I go to 1920 x 1200, which I don't
    > want. Any idea what I could have done or how to fix it? Thanks.

    Go into advanced and then the display adapter and change to refresh
    rate.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 27, 2010

  2. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote in news:Xns9DFFE18C2C4C7chuck@127.0.0.1:

    > wrote in
    >
    >> Using Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit and a Dell U2410 monitor. Native
    >> resolution on the monitor is 1920 x 1200. Since I got the monitor
    >> three months ago, I've had it set for 1680 x 1050, as it's easier to
    >> see without having to wear glasses. Tongith, for some stupid reason
    >> (idle hands) I changed the color from 32 bit to 16 bit to se what the
    >> difference was and also because Paint Shop Pro was readjusting
    >> something to do with color every time I launched itn then set it back
    >> when I closed the program and I wanted to see what was going on. When
    >> I went back to 32 bit color, the resolution setting of 1680 x 1050
    >> no longer fills the entire monitor screen as it had before I screwed
    >> with things. I've looked all through the settings, even reset the
    >> factory settings on the monitor to try and get a full screen back but
    >> I can't. I only get a full screen now when I go to 1920 x 1200, which
    >> I don't want. Any idea what I could have done or how to fix it?
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > Go into advanced and then the display adapter and change to refresh
    > rate.

    Apologies for the bad english, typos happen. That should read ...change
    the refresh rate. To something other rate, then click apply keeping an
    eye out for *any* flicker or how the corners of the screen match the
    size of the viewing area. You can also adjust where any resolution
    appears on and how much of the screen it uses (along with how curved the
    outside lines are) with the monitor itself.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 27, 2010

  3. chuckcar

    Tony Guest

    Chuck i hate to break this news to you but the guy is using an lcd screen. I
    don't know of any human eyes that can see flicker on a working lcd monitor.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day
    on the job for potty mouth,

    the realm of understandability

    Tony, Sep 28, 2010