Re: screen sizes ? which is best ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ded, May 2, 2008.

  1. ded

    ded Guest

    "Laserfink" <> wrote in message
    > this is from my weblog ...........
    >
    > 1024x768 34.2 %
    > 1280x1024 20.3 %
    > 1280x800 17.4 %
    > 1440x900 8.9 %
    > 1680x1050 5.4 %
    > Others 13.4 %
    >

    > Based on my users typical screen sizes which width suits best ?
    >

    > My current site width is:760px;

    > Laserfink LM-PL

    The monitor dictates what screen resolution it can handle,
    Of visitors to your weblog, and the stats you supply, all will be
    able to view your blog without any concerns, if you increase
    width to 1024x768 (the most common and minimum listed above)
    again all will be able to view, and may well be better than your
    current ratio. But if as an example you increased ratio to the max
    of 1680x1050, depending on content of your blog, it *may* not
    look so good in such a high resolution ratio, and the lower res
    viewers *may* have banding issues etc.

    ded, May 2, 2008

  2. ded wrote:

    > "Laserfink" <> wrote in message
    >> this is from my weblog ...........
    >>
    >> 1024x768 34.2 %
    >> 1280x1024 20.3 %
    >> 1280x800 17.4 %
    >> 1440x900 8.9 %
    >> 1680x1050 5.4 %
    >> Others 13.4 %
    >>

    >> Based on my users typical screen sizes which width suits best ?
    >>

    >> My current site width is:760px;
    >>
    >> --

    >> Laserfink LM-PL
    >>

    > The monitor dictates what screen resolution it can handle, Of visitors to
    > your weblog, and the stats you supply, all will be able to view your blog
    > without any concerns, if you increase width to 1024x768 (the most common
    > and minimum listed above) again all will be able to view, and may well be
    > better than your current ratio. But if as an example you increased ratio
    > to the max of 1680x1050, depending on content of your blog, it *may* not
    > look so good in such a high resolution ratio, and the lower res viewers
    > *may* have banding issues etc.

    Oh, and here's another problem with all of the numbers you guys are
    throwing around.

    My screen size is 1920x1200.

    My browsers get half that: 960x1200.

    Those stats don't reflect non-maximized apps, and with bigger and bigger
    monitors that's more common.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups