Re: Schoolboy's bee snap buzzes to first place in wildlife photography competition

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by HocusPocus, Aug 27, 2010.

  1. HocusPocus

    HocusPocus Guest

    On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 22:39:24 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2010-08-26 22:19:54 -0700, Val Hallah <> said:
    >
    >> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-place-wildlife-photography-competition.html

    >guess all the entrants in that competition surrendered their rights to
    >Geoff Robinson, whoever he might be, as he has plastered his "© GEOFF
    >ROBINSON PHOTOGRAPHY" all over those photos.
    >So either Geoff is posing as a 13 year old, or he is a potential thief.
    >
    >Interesting.

    Very interesting... A look at the offical site displays no Geoff Robinson
    Copyright.
    http://www.suffolkwildlifetrust.org/about-us/news/photography-competition-gallery/

    HocusPocus, Aug 27, 2010

  2. HocusPocus

    Peter Guest

    > On 2010-08-27 10:28:23 -0700, HocusPocus <> said:
    >
    >> On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 22:39:24 -0700, Savageduck
    >> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    > guess
    >>>>
    >>> all the entrants in that competition surrendered their rights to
    >>> Geoff Robinson, whoever he might be, as he has plastered his "© GEOFF
    >>> ROBINSON PHOTOGRAPHY" all over those photos.
    >>> So either Geoff is posing as a 13 year old, or he is a potential thief.
    >>>
    >>> Interesting.

    >> Very interesting... A look at the offical site displays no Geoff Robinson
    >> Copyright.
    >> http://www.suffolkwildlifetrust.org/about-us/news/photography-competition-gallery/

    > So
    >>

    > he is a potential thief.
    >
    > I suspect Geoff Robinson might be a photo editor at the Daily Mail, and
    > everything he puts through his work flow could be resized with an action
    > which adds his watermark.
    >
    > I think the DM owes the photographers a printed retraction and apology.

    Is it also possible that he legally acquired the rights?

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Aug 27, 2010

  3. HocusPocus

    Peter Guest

    > On 2010-08-27 14:41:51 -0700, "Peter" <> said:
    >
    >> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message

    > guess
    >
    > all

    > So
    >
    > he
    >>>>
    >>> is a potential thief.
    >>>
    >>> I suspect Geoff Robinson might be a photo editor at the Daily Mail, and
    >>> everything he puts through his work flow could be resized with an action
    >>> which adds his watermark.
    >>>
    >>> I think the DM owes the photographers a printed retraction and apology.
    >>>

    >> Is it also possible that he legally acquired the rights?

    > ...and what of the Suffolk Wildlife Trust not making a rights
    > acknowledgement?
    >
    > There might have been some small print rights transfer and/or waiver in
    > the entry form. However I think this is an editorial office goof, or
    > perhaps not.

    My point is that we really don't know. However, it is not unusual for well
    intentioned non-profit organizations to be casual about such things.

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Aug 27, 2010