Re: Schindler's List on DVD: Is is ever going to be released or what?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by rander3127@rogers.com, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. Guest

    On 27 Jun 2003 07:31:35 -0700, (Geo H) wrote:

    > (Relaxification) wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    >> I guess I'm not being clear. Sure, Nazis are bad guys. But the
    >> butcher, a normal guy, someone without anti-Semitic tendencies, who
    >> sort of got caught up in the mob mentality - that's interesting. The
    >> majority of the country were not members of the Nazi party but they
    >> allowed all this to happen. That's ambiguity. The fact that it
    >> happened in a supposedly civilized, first world country - that's
    >> interesting. The Nazis in Schindler's List are presented as evil
    >> (fine), omnipresent (also fine) but there's no examination of how the
    >> country got that way.
    >>
    >> Look at anti-Arab sentiment in the US. Is it fair? Does the guy in
    >> the midwest, interviewed on the news, who says "We should just bomb
    >> all the A-Rabs out of existence" feel he's any different than the
    >> passive anti-Semites in Nazi Germany?

    >I think you have it a l ittle backwards - the "A-rabs" you mention,
    >clearly and distinctively f__ked with us and clearly and distinctively
    >deserve whatever wrath we see fit, and even unfit, to rain down on
    >them, as if it were the finger of god itself, as they so claim to
    >cherish and continue to kill in the name of.

    Brave against incompetent and poorly armed Arabs. But I'll bet that
    beats fighting a REAL army (the Romans) running up a mountain
    and committing mass suicide. Now that's REALLY brave!
    -Rich

    , Jun 28, 2003

    :
    : > (Relaxification) wrote in message
    : >
    : >> I guess I'm not being clear. Sure, Nazis are bad guys. But the
    : >> butcher, a normal guy, someone without anti-Semitic tendencies, who
    : >> sort of got caught up in the mob mentality - that's interesting. The
    : >> majority of the country were not members of the Nazi party but they
    : >> allowed all this to happen. That's ambiguity. The fact that it
    : >> happened in a supposedly civilized, first world country - that's
    : >> interesting. The Nazis in Schindler's List are presented as evil
    : >> (fine), omnipresent (also fine) but there's no examination of how the
    : >> country got that way.
    : >>
    : >> Look at anti-Arab sentiment in the US. Is it fair? Does the guy in
    : >> the midwest, interviewed on the news, who says "We should just bomb
    : >> all the A-Rabs out of existence" feel he's any different than the
    : >> passive anti-Semites in Nazi Germany?
    : >
    : >I think you have it a l ittle backwards - the "A-rabs" you mention,
    : >clearly and distinctively f__ked with us and clearly and distinctively
    : >deserve whatever wrath we see fit, and even unfit, to rain down on
    : >them, as if it were the finger of god itself, as they so claim to
    : >cherish and continue to kill in the name of.
    : >
    :
    : Brave against incompetent and poorly armed Arabs.

    Hey, they made their bed - they should of thought of that beforehand. What
    would you expect us to do? walk in and throw rocks?

    : But I'll bet that
    : beats fighting a REAL army (the Romans) running up a mountain
    : and committing mass suicide. Now that's REALLY brave!

    Non-Sequitor...and nowadays, we ARE the only REAL Army, and ne else out
    there who can amass a comparible military might, are already our allies.

    George Hernandez, Jun 29, 2003

  3. Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 01:40:25 GMT, "George Hernandez"
    <no_email@no_domain.pud> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >: On 27 Jun 2003 07:31:35 -0700, (Geo H) wrote:
    >:
    >: > (Relaxification) wrote in message
    >: >
    >: >> I guess I'm not being clear. Sure, Nazis are bad guys. But the
    >: >> butcher, a normal guy, someone without anti-Semitic tendencies, who
    >: >> sort of got caught up in the mob mentality - that's interesting. The
    >: >> majority of the country were not members of the Nazi party but they
    >: >> allowed all this to happen. That's ambiguity. The fact that it
    >: >> happened in a supposedly civilized, first world country - that's
    >: >> interesting. The Nazis in Schindler's List are presented as evil
    >: >> (fine), omnipresent (also fine) but there's no examination of how the
    >: >> country got that way.
    >: >>
    >: >> Look at anti-Arab sentiment in the US. Is it fair? Does the guy in
    >: >> the midwest, interviewed on the news, who says "We should just bomb
    >: >> all the A-Rabs out of existence" feel he's any different than the
    >: >> passive anti-Semites in Nazi Germany?
    >: >
    >: >I think you have it a l ittle backwards - the "A-rabs" you mention,
    >: >clearly and distinctively f__ked with us and clearly and distinctively
    >: >deserve whatever wrath we see fit, and even unfit, to rain down on
    >: >them, as if it were the finger of god itself, as they so claim to
    >: >cherish and continue to kill in the name of.
    >: >
    >:
    >: Brave against incompetent and poorly armed Arabs.
    >
    >Hey, they made their bed - they should of thought of that beforehand. What
    >would you expect us to do? walk in and throw rocks?
    >
    >: But I'll bet that
    >: beats fighting a REAL army (the Romans) running up a mountain
    >: and committing mass suicide. Now that's REALLY brave!
    >
    >Non-Sequitor...and nowadays, we ARE the only REAL Army, and ne else out
    >there who can amass a comparible military might, are already our allies.

    Hold it! Hold it! I just realized; I'm talking about the Israeli
    army, you're talking about the American army.
    I agree with you 100%.
    -Rich

    , Jun 29, 2003