Re: Schindler's List on DVD: Is is ever going to be released or what?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Geo H, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. Geo H

    Geo H Guest

    "Tim Pace" <> wrote in message news:<6p5Fa.1$>...

    > I have never heard such a pile of erelevant garbage in my life...

    "Irrelevant" - if your going to brow-beat someone, right or wrong, at
    least do it properly.

    Personally, I cant directly and effectively comment on Schindler's
    List - when I did see it, it was already 20 minutes into the film and
    it was on really late and wanted to try and watch it, and couldn't
    maintain consciousness - while what I did see, I thought was well
    made, it wasn't enough for me to warrant a doctrinal change in my
    thinking towards "Steven". I have a serious problem with a film or TV
    Series (Taken) that had so much thought and hard work put into it,
    only to rush it through in the end and have a "happy-sappy" ending
    tacked on to it simply because he ran out of time, funding backing and
    air-time. I was enjoying Taken for how in-depth within itself it was
    getting (perhaps a little too much) that maybe it was just a little
    too slow in the beginning and rush on so quickly near the end (we
    witness a half a life-span of one girl in one episode out of - what
    was it...10-12 episodes?) and then the Blair-Bitch who was so typical
    government stoogey and then having such a drastic and immediate change
    of heart?

    Steve is notorious for this and its practically predictable in a lot
    of his work, and it really distracts me and keeps me from hopefully
    enjoying what could be a good film, but I wind up leaving feeling like
    I've been jacked at the very end - its terribly disappointing.

    Geo H, Jun 26, 2003

    :
    :> I have never heard such a pile of erelevant garbage in my life...
    :
    : "Irrelevant" - if your going to brow-beat someone, right or wrong, at
    : least do it properly.
    :
    : Personally, I cant directly

    Was that supposed to be a comment on the rest of your post, or just a
    further demonstration of why spelling flames are usually not a good idea?

    -----
    Richard Schultz
    -----
    "Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell bad."

    Richard Schultz, Jun 29, 2003