Re: Scandisk Question

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Tom MacIntyre, Jul 26, 2004.

  1. On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 06:45:00 GMT, "Steve" <>
    wrote:

    >While taking some practice tests for the OS portion I came accross the
    >following question:
    >
    >SCANDISK is used to find and repair errors on:
    >
    >(A) Hard disks or floppy disks only.
    >(B) Hard disks only.
    >(C) Floppy disks only.
    >(D) Hard disks, floppy disks, double space drives, RAM disk drives and
    >memory card drives.
    >
    >Answer: D
    >
    >Could "D" really be the correct answer?

    It definitely works on double-space drives, but double-space drives
    are either hard or floppy anyway. I can't say as to whether it'll work
    on RAM or memory card drives. However...

    http://www.windowsitlibrary.com/Content/175/10/2.html

    http://www.maxell.eu.com/Memory Card FAQ Page.htm

    appear to indicate that it does work.

    Tom