Re: SCAMSTERS "Domain Names NZ" at it again...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Allistar, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Allistar

    Allistar Guest

    Gurble wrote:

    > Unbelievably, those australian scamsters T/A Domain Names NZ are at
    > it again, and have again sent out a misleading invoice-like letter to
    > people that have registered .nz domain names.
    >
    > As usual, they have obtained details of registrants (breaching the
    > DNC's rules at the same time), and have sent out an invoice-like
    > letter for registration of a similar name (eg www.gurble.net.nz if you
    > had previously registered www.gurble.co.nz) for the measly fee of $237
    > for 2 years. (Of course, this would only cost around $90 everywhere
    > else, or $70 at www.discountdomains.co.nz, but that's not the point).
    >
    > I thought these scamsters had been closed down last time, but
    > obviously not.
    >
    > It's about bloody time the Commerce Commission got involved. This is
    > the third or fourth time they've tried this scam, and they must hook
    > some unsuspecting people every time to make it worthwhile.
    >
    > I note that this time they have removed their 0800 number, probably
    > after the number of complaints they received last time round.
    >
    > IMO, these scamsters are lower on the food chain than a smelly dead
    > slug, half-squashed with it's rotting guts hanging out, and should be
    > treated as such. Wankers.

    I received a letter the other day about this. It basically looks like a
    invoice, but the domain name mentioned is for a .net address and not a .co
    one (same 3rd level domain though). Dirty bastards, I tried to ring them to
    give them a ear full but couldn't get through.

    Oh well, one more company to add to the list of companies I will never ever
    do business with.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Aug 7, 2003