Re: Scam or what?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ken Weitzel, Aug 25, 2004.

  1. Ken Weitzel

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Ken Weitzel, Aug 25, 2004

  2. Ken Weitzel

    Frank Guest

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:12:09 GMT, Ken Weitzel <>
    wrote:

    >Mojtaba wrote:
    >> I can't get it. Is it scam or is it real? If real it most be stolen!
    >>
    >> Mojtaba
    >>

    >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48543&item=3836003499&rd=1

    >Hi...
    >
    >He's not offering to sell the camera, he's trying to
    >sell you instructions on how you can cheat someone else
    >out of one.
    >
    >One word answer? Scam? Yes.
    >
    >Ken

    Check the "Quantity Available: 0" notation on the eBay notice. That
    should tell you something.

    Frank, Aug 26, 2004

  3. Ken Weitzel

    leo Guest

    "Frank" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:12:09 GMT, Ken Weitzel <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Mojtaba wrote:
    >>> I can't get it. Is it scam or is it real? If real it most be stolen!
    >>>
    >>> Mojtaba
    >>>

    >>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48543&item=3836003499&rd=1

    >>Hi...
    >>
    >>He's not offering to sell the camera, he's trying to
    >>sell you instructions on how you can cheat someone else
    >>out of one.
    >>
    >>One word answer? Scam? Yes.
    >>
    >>Ken

    > Check the "Quantity Available: 0" notation on the eBay notice. That
    > should tell you something.

    Awhile ago, there were a couple of the "items" left. What exactly the scam
    is about? Is it a list of people who own the camera so you can work on
    stealing it? Just wondering.

    leo, Aug 26, 2004
  4. Ken Weitzel

    DFS Guest

    > The problem is, whatever the scam is, there's no way you're getting
    > your money back.

    and .... there's no way you're going to get the camera - or whatever - for
    next to nothing. How these idiots continue to find people gullible enough
    to fall for this nonsense amazes me.

    Come to think of it, that the original poster found anything about the
    auction to be credible enough even to question says something about the old
    P.T. Barnum adage.

    DS

    DFS, Aug 26, 2004
  5. Ken Weitzel

    Mojtaba Guest

    wrote:

    >He's not offering to sell the camera, he's trying to
    >sell you instructions on how you can cheat someone else
    >out of one.

    Thank you.

    Mojtaba

    Mojtaba, Aug 26, 2004
  6. Ken Weitzel

    Big Bill Guest

    On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 03:27:38 GMT, "leo" <> wrote:

    >"Frank" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:12:09 GMT, Ken Weitzel <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>Hi...
    >>>
    >>>He's not offering to sell the camera, he's trying to
    >>>sell you instructions on how you can cheat someone else
    >>>out of one.
    >>>
    >>>One word answer? Scam? Yes.
    >>>
    >>>Ken

    >> Check the "Quantity Available: 0" notation on the eBay notice. That
    >> should tell you something.

    >Awhile ago, there were a couple of the "items" left. What exactly the scam
    >is about? Is it a list of people who own the camera so you can work on
    >stealing it? Just wondering.

    There are many types of scam this could be; he could simply tell you
    to steal it. Is this illegal (his telling you to steal it)? No.
    It could be a program telling you how to get product samples by
    setting yourself up as a product reviewer.

    The problem is, whatever the scam is, there's no way you're getting
    your money back.

    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"

    Big Bill, Aug 27, 2004