    Pete
    --
    1PW @?6A62?FEH9:DE=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]
    1PW, Jul 19, 2009

  2. 1PW

    1PW Guest

    Aardvark Sucubus Hunter wrote:
    > 1PW wrote:
    >> Aardvark Sucubus Hunter wrote:
    >>> <http://threatpost.com/blogs/researcher-uses-new-linux-kernel-flaw-bypass-selinux-other-protection>
    >>>

    >> Hopefully these three problems are quickly and easily remedied.
    >>

    > If Linux ever gets past 1% desktop usage world wide, the security holes
    > are going to be exposed.

    Linux has exceeded 1% now. I too hope that Linux will be made safer.

    > Right now, Linux is secure as no one is using
    > it, and it's 'Security by Oblivion' for Linux, as no one is after it.

    Hello:

    Of course if you know of any unreported security problems with Linux,
    I hope you report them promptly.

    Regards,

    Pete
    --
    1PW @?6A62?FEH9:DE=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]
    1PW, Jul 19, 2009

  3. Re: Say it's not so about fabulous Linux. There are a lot moreundiscovered holes in that Swiss cheese O/S.

    On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 18:31:28 -0700, above the shrieking, whining & FUDding
    of the trolls 1PW was heard to say:

    > Aardvark Sucubus Hunter wrote:
    >> 1PW wrote:

    bypass-selinux-other-protection>

    >>> Hopefully these three problems are quickly and easily remedied.
    >>>

    >> If Linux ever gets past 1% desktop usage world wide, the security holes
    >> are going to be exposed.

    > Linux has exceeded 1% now. I too hope that Linux will be made safer.

    Actually, according to M$, Linux users make up between 14% & 17% of all
    Internet users. They're so worried, that M$ have even hired an OSS Czar
    to fight Linux on the desktop!

    Furthermore, according to Ballmer, more than 60% of the Internet runs on
    Linux servers. Funny how it's almost always M$ IIS servers that are
    attacked with viruses, & often cracked though!

    Maybe Duh-Inane knows something that M$ doesn't...

    What was the troll saying about "Swiss cheese" again?

    >> Right now, Linux is secure as no one is using it, and it's 'Security by
    >> Oblivion' for Linux, as no one is after it.

    > Hello:
    >
    > Of course if you know of any unreported security problems with Linux, I
    > hope you report them promptly.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Pete

    Nah, it's only the Duh-Inane troll chanting his M$ mantras again. He
    hasn't a clue about Linux, & just trolls.

    --
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed
    William Poaster, Jul 19, 2009
  4. 1PW

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 07:56:36 -0500, William Poaster wrote:

    > Nah, it's only the Duh-Inane troll chanting his M$ mantras again. He
    > hasn't a clue about Linux, & just trolls.

    Stop picking on my good friend DUH-ane. You'd do well to be attentive to
    everything he posts.

    OK, so he has some mental problems and can sometimes come across as
    totally socially inept, but his heart's always in the right place. Why do
    you think he posted that warning to Linux users about their perforated OS?
    Because he *cares*, that's why.
    Aardvark, Jul 19, 2009
  5. Re: Say it's not so about fabulous Linux. There are a lot moreundiscovered holes in that Swiss cheese O/S.

    On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 13:14:55 +0000, above the shrieking, whining & FUDding
    of the trolls Aardvark was heard to say:

    > On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 07:56:36 -0500, William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> Nah, it's only the Duh-Inane troll chanting his M$ mantras again. He
    >> hasn't a clue about Linux, & just trolls.

    > Stop picking on my good friend DUH-ane. You'd do well to be attentive to
    > everything he posts.

    You'd do well to get a room with him. Then you wouldn't need to post
    replies to him, & gross people out! :)

    > OK, so he has some mental problems and can sometimes come across as
    > totally socially inept,

    Yeah, but why just pick on his *good* points?

    > but his heart's always in the right place.

    Well it *would* be, if the doctors could find it.....

    > Why do you think he posted that warning to Linux users about their
    > perforated OS? Because he *cares*, that's why.

    Yeah, but it's old news....it's been fixed.
    If it was up-to-date it wouldn't be so bad. OTOH, I suppose one has to
    make allowances for his inability to keep up, because of mental problems
    & social ineptness..

    William Poaster, Jul 19, 2009
  6. 1PW

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 08:33:17 -0500, William Poaster wrote:

    > On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 13:14:55 +0000, above the shrieking, whining &
    > FUDding of the trolls Aardvark was heard to say:
    >
    >> On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 07:56:36 -0500, William Poaster wrote:
    >>
    >>> Nah, it's only the Duh-Inane troll chanting his M$ mantras again. He
    >>> hasn't a clue about Linux, & just trolls.

    >> Stop picking on my good friend DUH-ane. You'd do well to be attentive
    >> to everything he posts.

    > You'd do well to get a room with him. Then you wouldn't need to post
    > replies to him, & gross people out! :)

    Who knows what the passage of time will bring?

    >> OK, so he has some mental problems and can sometimes come across as
    >> totally socially inept,

    > Yeah, but why just pick on his *good* points?
    >
    >> but his heart's always in the right place.

    > Well it *would* be, if the doctors could find it.....

    Careful,you might hurt DUH-ane's feelings.

    >> Why do you think he posted that warning to Linux users about their
    >> perforated OS? Because he *cares*, that's why.

    > Yeah, but it's old news....it's been fixed. If it was up-to-date it
    > wouldn't be so bad. OTOH, I suppose one has to make allowances for his
    > inability to keep up, because of mental problems & social ineptness..

    That's all I ask. Thanks for showing your considerate nature.

    :)
    Aardvark, Jul 19, 2009
  7. 1PW <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<h3tpn1$3qe$-september.org>:

    >Aardvark Sucubus Hunter wrote:
    >> <http://threatpost.com/blogs/researcher-uses-new-linux-kernel-flaw-

    bypass-selinux-other-protection>

    >Hopefully these three problems are quickly and easily remedied.
    >
    >Pete

    Read the slashdot article. Its already patched. Rule Number 1: dont be
    a beta tester if you want a secure, error free computing platform.

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 19, 2009
  8. 1PW

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 13:14:55 GMT, Aardvark <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 07:56:36 -0500, William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> Nah, it's only the Duh-Inane troll chanting his M$ mantras again. He
    >> hasn't a clue about Linux, & just trolls.

    >Stop picking on my good friend DUH-ane. You'd do well to be attentive to
    >everything he posts.
    >
    >OK, so he has some mental problems and can sometimes come across as
    >totally socially inept, but his heart's always in the right place. Why do
    >you think he posted that warning to Linux users about their perforated OS?
    >Because he *cares*, that's why.

    HAHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAetc.

    --
    "You can't rush the kind of cool *we* are."
    --Erekosë, Evil Abuse Minion #5
    Mara, Jul 19, 2009