Re: saving files to floppy using ms dos?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Aug 24, 2003.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    To save files to floppy disk, just type copy followed by
    the path and name of the file/s, and then a:\
    Note: You MUST use the DOS 8.3 filename convention.
    Example: a file named "really nice picture.jpg" in "My
    Documents".

    copy c:\mydocu~1\really~1.jpg a:\

    To get the DOS name/s of files, type DIR in the
    folder they are located it. You must use CD to
    navigate to different folders.

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 00:17:00 +0100, in
    <OBS1b.4535$>
    Bummer scrawled: