Re: SANDISK CARD CF CARD, CORRUPT AND UNREADABLE,

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Elflan, Jul 20, 2003.

  1. Elflan

    Elflan Guest

    "shakewell" <> wrote in message news:<bfe04a$1i8u$>...
    > Why not get a 64MB card for under US$20? (Assuming it's the card...)

    I guess I could do that.
    Have not priced 64m cards lately. If they are really 20 bucks, I'm in.
    But interestingly, my problems are with two Sandisk brand cards.
    one is the 8meg card I usually use and the other is a 4meg card that
    was in my pcmcia card reader. What do you think causes both cards not
    to show the pictures in my computer? I'm trying to sort out the
    variables right now.

    Elflan, Jul 20, 2003

  2. Elflan

    HRosita Guest

    >shakewell wrote:

    >But interestingly, my problems are with two Sandisk brand cards.
    >one is the 8meg card I usually use and the other is a 4meg card that
    >was in my pcmcia card reader

    Here is what I would do:

    1. Format both cards in the camera
    2. Remove the card reader from the device list (control panel > system)
    3. Boot the PC
    4. Reinstall the card reader
    5. Take a few pictures
    6. Put them in the reader and see if they are recognized.

    I really think the problem is in the reader.

    Rosita
    HRosita, Jul 20, 2003

  3. Elflan

    Elflan Guest

    et (HRosita) wrote in message news:<>...
    > >shakewell wrote:

    > >But interestingly, my problems are with two Sandisk brand cards.
    > >one is the 8meg card I usually use and the other is a 4meg card that
    > >was in my pcmcia card reader

    > Here is what I would do:
    >
    > 1. Format both cards in the camera
    > 2. Remove the card reader from the device list (control panel > system)
    > 3. Boot the PC
    > 4. Reinstall the card reader
    > 5. Take a few pictures
    > 6. Put them in the reader and see if they are recognized.
    >
    > I really think the problem is in the reader.
    >
    > Rosita

    Thanks for the advice. I followed it but still can't read these two
    cards. I uninstalled the PNY card reader from my desktop and removed
    the device from device mgr. I then rebooted. I plugged in the PNY card
    reader and the generic drivers were loaded into it. ( My PNY card
    reader instructions tell me NOT to load the drivers that came with it
    if I was using XP. They're pre loaded.)

    I reformatted both cards in my camera. I took some pictures but when
    I tried to read them again on my desktop, I got the same result.
    "corrupt folder, unreadable."
    One thing though, When I tried to read these two cards with my SANDISK
    card reader on my LAPTOP, I actually could view something odd.
    The pictures were all just big gray blocks with maybe one or two
    threads of pixels of my photos. You know just one or two lines of
    digital information.
    I tried plugging the SANDISK Reader into the Desktop and had the same
    results.
    Any ideas?
    Elflan, Jul 21, 2003
  4. Elflan