Re: Salute to Nikon Service (Canada)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dave Newton, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. Dave Newton

    Dave Newton Guest

    > I was experiencing auto focus problems when using my 28-105mm lens
    > on my D100.
    >snip<
    > I went back to the retailer (Henry's) and was told that low light causes
    > AF problems, and to just switch to manual mode.
    >snip<
    > They did suggest I call Nikon's tech support. Bless the individual I
    > spoke to, who said I should not be experiencing the symptoms that I
    > described. As directed I took it back to service, fortunately a local
    > drop-off.
    >snip<
    > I took the camera out this evening at dusk to test.
    > Very, very snappy focusing. I am delighted.

    Excellent Stephen, good result. I've not had cause to use Nikon service yet
    but I only ever hear good things about them. My 5700 purchased in January is
    so far behaving itself perfectly (touch wood!)

    --
    Dave Newton

    Lake District Walk&Photo web site
    http://www.daves-lakeland-mountains.co.uk
    Dave Newton, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Took my D1x to Nikon Canada to have the firmware upgraded before Christmas
    when visiting Toronto from South Africa.( purchased camera in Canada) ,
    there was no charge and was done that morning, and at the same time they
    noticed the focus on my well used 80-400 VR lens was rough. This was
    repaired as well with a new focus mechanism. They also sold me the Nikon
    Capture 3.5 upgrade for $100 Cdn (good deal)

    Impressed with Nikon Canada. They are very good. My contact here in South
    Africa with Nikon South Africa has been impressive as well. When I needed a
    replacement for batteries for my Nikon digital cameras, they made extra
    effort to accommodate my needs.

    Frederick
    Cape Town

    Frederick St Andrews, Jul 25, 2003

  3. I purchased a 5700 just before Christmas, and it became defective (Lens error) in June. I
    took it into Nikon Canada and they promptly repaired it under warranty. Excellent service. It
    came back looking like new (no dust, lens and body cleaned).

    Percy.
    In article <bfrl42$qqb$>, says...

    Percy Fonowski, Jul 26, 2003
  4. Dave Newton

    Mike Guest

    "Percy Fonowski" <> wrote in message
    > I purchased a 5700 just before Christmas, and it became defective (Lens

    error) in June. I
    > took it into Nikon Canada and they promptly repaired it under warranty.

    Excellent service. It
    > came back looking like new (no dust, lens and body cleaned).
    >
    > Percy.
    > In article <bfrl42$qqb$>, says...
    > > Took my D1x to Nikon Canada to have the firmware upgraded before

    Christmas
    > > when visiting Toronto from South Africa.( purchased camera in Canada) ,
    > > there was no charge and was done that morning, and at the same time they
    > > noticed the focus on my well used 80-400 VR lens was rough. This was
    > > repaired as well with a new focus mechanism. They also sold me the Nikon
    > > Capture 3.5 upgrade for $100 Cdn (good deal)
    > >
    > > Impressed with Nikon Canada. They are very good. My contact here in

    South
    > > Africa with Nikon South Africa has been impressive as well. When I

    needed a
    > > replacement for batteries for my Nikon digital cameras, they made extra
    > > effort to accommodate my needs.
    > >
    > > Frederick
    > > Cape Town
    > >
    > > "Dave Newton" <> wrote in message

    causes

    local

    > > > Excellent Stephen, good result. I've not had cause to use Nikon

    service
    > > yet
    > > > but I only ever hear good things about them. My 5700 purchased in

    January
    > > is
    > > > so far behaving itself perfectly (touch wood!)
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Dave Newton
    > > >
    > > > Lake District Walk&Photo web site
    > > > http://www.daves-lakeland-mountains.co.uk

    I gather Nikon still maintain their very early cameras and lenses and spare
    parts. I wonder if other manufactures are as good say, Cannon for example?
    Mike
    Mike, Jul 27, 2003
  5. Dave Newton

    Wes J Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote

    > I gather Nikon still maintain their very early cameras and lenses and

    spare
    > parts. I wonder if other manufactures are as good say, Cannon for example?
    > Mike

    Canon, maybe. Cannon, I'm not so sure!
    Wes J, Aug 18, 2003