Re: Salary Question??

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by pheonix1t, Nov 22, 2003.

  1. pheonix1t

    pheonix1t Guest

    JO wrote:
    > Well it's time for my company review again.
    >

    > Little background about me..
    > Worked as tech support for the same computer company for 4 years.
    > Bachelor degree in MIS..
    > Certifications - A+, Network+, MCSA200
    >
    > Job Responsibilities
    > We have a little over 50 employees.
    > I take care of all the employee's computer support.
    > I am responsible for all the network Infrastructure.(routers,hardware)
    > I am responsible for all the network servers.
    > Pretty much, if there is a computer problem they come to me....
    >
    > Job location (Oklahoma City)
    > I am always wondering what other tech guys in the field are making.
    > I make in the mid 30's now, and wondering what would be a good raise.
    >
    > THANKS
    > JO

    in the current job market...you should be glad you have a steady
    paycheck! That's about the average rate I've seen for a MS only system
    admin. these days. If you could add experience with databases and
    programming that only benefits you. If you could also add unix and/or
    linux admin experience this is a huge PLUS. Cisco is also very good to
    know....especially the PIX boxes (usually along with VPN
    issues/configurations).

    After a while, operating systems in general are very similar in
    concepts...databases too....actually programming as well! It's just the
    way each vendor or language goes about doing the tasks that's slightly
    different.

    pheonix1t, Nov 22, 2003

  2. pheonix1t

    brianz Guest

    look at whats important at the moment... firewalls, security, patches, spam,
    certificates

    If you've recently implimenting/supporting some of these then it's got to be
    worth a pay rise... if not then it gives you an idea what to think about

    brianz, Nov 22, 2003

  3. pheonix1t

    jen Guest

    > in the current job market...you should be glad you have a steady
    > paycheck!

    no shit..that's for sure!

    --
    Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

    jen, Nov 23, 2003