Re: Salary Increases with MCDST certification

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Jul 24, 2007.

  1. "TJ" <> wrote in message

    > No, I didn't ask them and it wasn't the main reason for doing the cert. On the other hand, I would have thought that as one obtains more qualifications, regardless if only an MCDST for the time being, that this would in make a person worth more to keep around...my mistake....
    >
    > --
    >

    > TJ, MCDST

    This is where individuals who seek certifications think that they will
    get a decent paying job -- or a job at all. If one has been
    demonstrating the skills of a MCDST or Support Technician in their
    current employment, why should the employer give them a raise because
    they passed an exam?

    I remember this kid one time how has a Junior Support Technician. He
    took and passed like 8 or 9 exams in a year and ended up with an A+,
    Net+ and MCSE 2000. He petitioned for a raise and was denied 2x. He was
    pissed and asked why. The employer told him that his current position
    did not require these certifications. Not to mentioned, it was a little
    shady as to how he "studied" for his exams.

    Moral of the story: When in doubt, and before you start; ask.

    Good luck TJ.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Jul 24, 2007