Re: Saitek keyboard/mouse incompatibility

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Jul 19, 2009.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Rôgêr <> wrote in

    > My wife has vision problems, so I did some trading around and got her a
    > Saitek backlit keyboard, which she really likes. I also replaced her
    > Compaq Walmart piece of shit comuter with a real one that I built, dual
    > core Athlon processor, 2 gigs RAM, lots of extras. But I can't get a
    > mouse to work with this keyboard plugged in. I've tried several mice,
    > PS2 and USB. The keyboard works fine, but no mousy. Right now she's
    > happily playing on Pogo with a different KB and mouse, but I'd like to
    > get the Saitek back into action with a good mouse.
    >
    > I've poked around in the BIOS to see if there's some setting I've
    > missed, can't find anything. Getting frustrated, suggestions?

    Are there any yellow or red circles in device manager?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jul 19, 2009

  2. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Rôgêr <> wrote in

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >> Rôgêr <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> My wife has vision problems, so I did some trading around and got her
    >>> a Saitek backlit keyboard, which she really likes. I also replaced her
    >>> Compaq Walmart piece of shit comuter with a real one that I built,
    >>> dual core Athlon processor, 2 gigs RAM, lots of extras. But I can't
    >>> get a mouse to work with this keyboard plugged in. I've tried several
    >>> mice, PS2 and USB. The keyboard works fine, but no mousy. Right now
    >>> she's happily playing on Pogo with a different KB and mouse, but I'd
    >>> like to get the Saitek back into action with a good mouse.
    >>>
    >>> I've poked around in the BIOS to see if there's some setting I've
    >>> missed, can't find anything. Getting frustrated, suggestions?

    >> Are there any yellow or red circles in device manager?

    > No, but the linoleum in my kitchen has some.

    So you don't have *any* conflicts at *all* in your USB or other ports?

    Replace the mouse.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jul 19, 2009

  3. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Rôgêr <> wrote in

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >> Rôgêr <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> My wife has vision problems, so I did some trading around and got her
    >>> a Saitek backlit keyboard, which she really likes. I also replaced her
    >>> Compaq Walmart piece of shit comuter with a real one that I built,
    >>> dual core Athlon processor, 2 gigs RAM, lots of extras. But I can't
    >>> get a mouse to work with this keyboard plugged in. I've tried several
    >>> mice, PS2 and USB. The keyboard works fine, but no mousy. Right now
    >>> she's happily playing on Pogo with a different KB and mouse, but I'd
    >>> like to get the Saitek back into action with a good mouse.
    >>>
    >>> I've poked around in the BIOS to see if there's some setting I've
    >>> missed, can't find anything. Getting frustrated, suggestions?

    >> Are there any yellow or red circles in device manager?

    > No, but the linoleum in my kitchen has some.

    If you don't understand a question, ask. Device manager is got to from
    system in control panel or by right clicking My computer. Or better yet
    take it in to someone who knows how to tell if a computer has a hardware
    problem. You probably should have paid someone to build it in fact. You
    could very well have blown ports on the motherboard. Without more information
    forthcoming from you, you won't get the correct answer on that or anything
    else to resolve the source of the problem.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jul 19, 2009
  4. chuckcar

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >Or better yet
    >take it in to someone who knows how to tell if a computer has a hardware
    >problem. You probably should have paid someone to build it in fact. You
    >could very well have blown ports on the motherboard.

    Why, because Rôgêr didn't want to spend the time explaining the
    obvious to someone who wouldn't of had the slightest clue as to what
    the problem might be?
    --

    Dear Mom
    http://www.foundmagazine.com/find/12030