Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Ulisse, Apr 22, 2004.

  1. Ulisse

    Ulisse Guest

    F8 doesn't work.
    It opens the BIOS.
    I use Win XP Pro.
    thanks again

    >F8
    >
    >Also, if you`re using win98se like me, you can hold down the Ctrl key at
    >bootup.

    bye Ulisse
    Ulisse, Apr 22, 2004

  2. Ulisse

    Thor Guest

    "Ulisse" <> wrote in message
    > F8 doesn't work.
    > It opens the BIOS.
    > I use Win XP Pro.
    > thanks again

    Then you are pressing it too soon. F8 is the proper key to get the WinXP
    startup menu, but you have to be quick, and press it at just the right time.
    IF you see the standard WindowsXP startup logo screen, then you waited too
    long.
    Thor, Apr 22, 2004

  3. Ulisse

    colin Guest

    Ulisse <> wrote in message
    > F8 doesn't work.
    > It opens the BIOS.
    > I use Win XP Pro.
    > thanks again
    >

    > >F8
    > >
    > >Also, if you`re using win98se like me, you can hold down the Ctrl key at
    > >bootup.
    > >

    > bye Ulisse

    As Thor has mentioned; you`re most likely pressing the F8 key too early.

    Google has provided the following instructions for adding `safe mode` to
    your `boot.ini` file, if you have one.
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/add_safe_mode_to_boot_menu.htm
    colin, Apr 22, 2004