Re: S-video cables

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Jack, Aug 22, 2003.

  1. Jack

    Jack Guest

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:56:32 -0400, ed <> wrote:

    >S-video cables are $15 a piece at Radio Shack. They are the gold plated
    >ones. Can one get them cheaper elsewhere? Are there non gold-plated
    >ones? Does it matter? Thanks.

    In years past I've found them mail order for around a few bucks each
    and they have always worked fine. They were not gold plated of course.
    I used to buy them from Roger's Systems (www.rogerssystems.com) but
    that place has gone through a lot of changes and some price increases
    since I last ordered, so I can't say if they are any good any more.
    The point is you can find tolerable cables online with some patience
    and trial and error to save yourself from the typical high local
    retailer price markup.

    This same place used to sell 6' RCA audio patch cables for $1-$2 each
    which I thought were just as good as the $6+ Rat Shack ones. I can't
    remember the last time I bought something at ripoff Rat Shack...
    probably at least 5 years. I'm sure there are lots of other online
    cable dealers.

    Jack, Aug 22, 2003

  2. Jack

    ed Guest

    Re: S-video cables. Thanks

    Thanks to all of you who responded to my post.

    ed, Aug 22, 2003