Re: S-video cables

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by john33907@comcast.net, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Guest

    , Aug 21, 2003

  2. ed Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:56:32 -0400, ed <> wrote:
    >
    > >S-video cables are $15 a piece at Radio Shack. They are the gold plated
    > >ones. Can one get them cheaper elsewhere? Are there non gold-plated
    > >ones? Does it matter? Thanks.

    > I have had bad luck with radio shacks cables.

    Bad luck in what way?

    > I like the ones I got from this ebay seller
    >
    > http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=monopri
    > ce.com&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25

    Thanks, but I don't deal with ebay. Where does this seller get his
    cables from?

    ed, Aug 21, 2003

  3. writes:
    >On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 18:22:43 -0400, ed <> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >> wrote:

    >>> I have had bad luck with radio shacks cables.

    >>Bad luck in what way?
    >>

    >They stop working properly. Usually transmit a B&W signal instead of
    >color.

    Tell your cat to stop chewing on the cables then. The cables are
    passive - they don't just fail out of the blue. You must be doing
    something to cause them to fail (frequent plug/unplug or walking on
    the cable, or mice or something).

    Try <http://www.milestek.com/>

    Scott Lurndal, Aug 22, 2003
  4. Guest

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 20:58:41 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
    wrote:

    > writes:
    >>On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 18:22:43 -0400, ed <> wrote:

    >>>Bad luck in what way?
    >>>

    >>They stop working properly. Usually transmit a B&W signal instead of
    >>color.

    >Tell your cat to stop chewing on the cables then. The cables are
    >passive - they don't just fail out of the blue. You must be doing
    >something to cause them to fail (frequent plug/unplug or walking on
    >the cable, or mice or something).

    I use them to tie your sister to the bedposts.

    , Aug 23, 2003