Re: "S" is available for viewing!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by otter, Jul 26, 2011.

  1. otter

    otter Guest

    On Jul 25, 6:15 pm, Bowser <> wrote:
    > Some Super Shots can be seen here:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_s

    Some nice shots this time. I'll just comment on a few.

    My favorite was Peter Newman's Strawberry picture. It is interesting
    even without the special effect.

    And "Strings"... I have to say I looked at that several times. Looked
    like there might have been a cut-out, though, which threw me off.

    I liked Bowser's fisheyed seagull a lot, although there were some
    background distractions.

    I'm also a sucker for Pete Atkin's "Seafront Storage". Enhanced,
    surely, but pleasant.

    And, finally, I have to admit "Puddles" made me chuckle. Sometimes it
    IS all about the subject.

    No knock against the rest, I'm just lazy and it is late.

    otter, Jul 26, 2011

  2. otter

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/26/2011 2:08 AM, otter wrote:
    > On Jul 25, 6:15 pm, Bowser<> wrote:
    >> Some Super Shots can be seen here:
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_s

    > Some nice shots this time. I'll just comment on a few.
    >
    > My favorite was Peter Newman's Strawberry picture. It is interesting
    > even without the special effect.

    Thank you

    > And "Strings"... I have to say I looked at that several times. Looked
    > like there might have been a cut-out, though, which threw me off.

    She is quite real. No cutout. Just some color enhancement of her Bikini
    and mile sharpening the luminosity layer in LAB.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Jul 27, 2011

  3. otter

    otter Guest

    On Jul 26, 7:21 pm, PeterN <> wrote:

    > > And "Strings"... I have to say I looked at that several times.  Looked
    > > like there might have been a cut-out, though, which threw me off.

    > She is quite real. No cutout. Just some color enhancement of her Bikini
    > and mile sharpening the luminosity layer in LAB.

    If you zoom in on the edge of her body, it looks like a thick
    outline. Maybe sharpening gone bad, who knows? It is noticeable to
    me, that's all I'm saying. Not passing any "judgement".

    otter, Jul 27, 2011