re Running Office 97 professional on Vista

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Jeff Strickland, Jul 8, 2009.

  1. "Deebrief" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Will running my old Office 97 be possible on Vista, bearing in mind there
    > is a 60 day trial version of Office on the new system I recently bought.
    >

    > Cheers
    >

    > Dee

    I don't know that Office '97 will even run on Vista. I run Office '03 on
    Vista without any problem at all. I removed the trial version of Office '07
    before I installed Office '03.

    You will want to uninstall Office '07 before you even attempt to install
    anything else.

    Office '03 has a patch that will allow you to open Office '07 files that are
    created by others and sent to you. I don't know if there is a similar patch
    to support Office '97. I suggest you move away from '97 and go to '03, or
    you might suffer compatibility issues in the not-too-distant future.

    Deebrief, Jul 8, 2009

  3. Jeff Strickland

    GTS Guest

    "Deebrief" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Will running my old Office 97 be possible on Vista, bearing in mind there
    > is a 60 day trial version of Office on the new system I recently bought.
    >

    > Cheers
    >

    > Dee

    No. Office 2000 and up are Vista compatible. 97 is not.

    GTS, Jul 9, 2009
  4. Jeff Strickland

    baron Guest

    Deebrief Inscribed thus:

    > Hi
    >
    > Will running my old Office 97 be possible on Vista, bearing in mind
    > there is a 60 day trial version of Office on the new system I recently
    > bought.
    >

    > Cheers
    >

    > Dee

    Dump it ! Go to "www.openoffice.org" and download "Open Office" its
    free and will read/write M$ data.

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.

    baron, Jul 9, 2009
  5. Jeff Strickland

    Baron Guest

    dennis meissner wrote:

    > "baron" <> wrote in message
    >> Deebrief Inscribed thus:
    >>
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> Will running my old Office 97 be possible on Vista, bearing in mind
    >>> there is a 60 day trial version of Office on the new system I
    >>> recently bought.
    >>>

    >>> Cheers
    >>>

    >>> Dee

    >> Dump it ! Go to "www.openoffice.org" and download "Open Office" its
    >> free and will read/write M$ data.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best Regards:
    >> Baron.

    > I totally agree... openoffice is great and at a very good price...
    > free!
    >
    > Any ideas about 2007 compatability?
    >
    > thanks
    > Dennis

    Unfortunately no ! Non of my clients will use it. They all use "Open
    Office"... Except one. :-( They prefer "Wordperfect"

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.

    Baron, Jul 11, 2009