Re: Running Mozilla on a dual-boot stystem?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Gwen Morse, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. Gwen Morse

    Gwen Morse Guest

    On Fri, 16 May 2003 17:37:17 -0400, DG <>
    wrote:

    >Gwen Morse wrote:
    >> I have a dual boot system running Win2000 and Redhat Linux 9. I'd like
    >> to either set up on install to be shared between the two, or, if
    >> that's not possible, two installs that point to the same
    >> mail/password/config/bookmark/etc files.
    >>
    >> I have a fat32 partition that mounts under both installs.
    >>
    >> Is this possible, and if so, are there any references to doing so (or,
    >> could someone post basic instructions as to what needs to be pointed
    >> "where")?
    >>
    >> Gwen
    >>

    >I am doing this as-we-speak. I have my mozilla directory in windows in
    >a directory that looks something like:
    >
    >c:\Documents and Settings\David\Application
    >Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\nvlkjlkadjfk.1\Mail\popmail
    >
    >And I have symlinks in my .mozilla\default\gakdjkajfdd.5\Mail\popmail
    >folder to the mail files in the FAT32 directory above.
    >
    >I've symlinked each mail file, like Inbox, Sent, Trash, etc..
    >individually. You can probably just symlink the entire Mail dir and
    >that would probably work just fine.
    >
    >David

    I find I'm unable to make symlinks on my Fat32 partition. I was told
    in another ng that it's just not possible, but, if you're doing it
    then it must be :). Is there something special about how you load it
    in /etc/fstab that allows you to create the links?

    Gwen

    Gwen Morse, Jul 7, 2003