Re: Roxio Launches Easy Media Creator 9 with x64 support

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Colin Barnhorst, Sep 6, 2006.

  1. Colin Barnhorst, Sep 6, 2006

  2. Colin Barnhorst

    DP Guest

    > EMC8 supports x64.

    Yes. I've been using it for months. I don't use it a lot, but I have not
    come up against any problems in x64.

    DP, Sep 6, 2006

  3. Colin Barnhorst

    Larry Hodges Guest

    I use version 8 without issue, with the execption of BackupMyPc.

    However, I have been using PCBackup by StompSoft. About $40, works fine in
    x64, supports DAT and does open file backup. According to a tech at Roxio
    last week, BackupMyPC still does not support open file backup...a big issue
    for my clients. So many of them leave Outlook open and their PST file
    doesn't get backed up.

    http://www.stompsoft.com/pc-backup/pc-backup.html

    FWIW, I highly recommend it.

    -Larry

    Larry Hodges, Sep 6, 2006
  4. Roxio touts that its version 9 is Vista compatible. Can anyone confirm
    whether version 8 or 9 is working with Vista64 RC1 or Vista32 RC1?

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?=, Sep 7, 2006
  5. Can anyone confirm whether Roxio version 8 or 9 is working with Vista RC1, 32
    and/or 64 bit versions?

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?=, Sep 7, 2006
  6. Colin Barnhorst

    Guest

    I just tried. No go. Error: 03F2.80070005

    Charles wrote:
    > Can anyone confirm whether Roxio version 8 or 9 is working with Vista RC1, 32
    > and/or 64 bit versions?
    >
    > "Larry Hodges" wrote:
    >
    > > I use version 8 without issue, with the execption of BackupMyPc.
    > >
    > > However, I have been using PCBackup by StompSoft. About $40, works fine in
    > > x64, supports DAT and does open file backup. According to a tech at Roxio
    > > last week, BackupMyPC still does not support open file backup...a big issue
    > > for my clients. So many of them leave Outlook open and their PST file
    > > doesn't get backed up.
    > >
    > > http://www.stompsoft.com/pc-backup/pc-backup.html
    > >
    > > FWIW, I highly recommend it.
    > >
    > > -Larry