Re: Routing between Primary and Seconday IP addresses

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by JF Mezei, Feb 7, 2010.

  1. JF Mezei

    JF Mezei Guest

    Paul wrote:

    > I am using a Cisco 871 router. The internal interface is configured with a primary IP address of 192.168.1.1 and a
    > secondary IP address of 10.0.0.1. I also have an Internet facing interface that gets it's IP address from the ISP's DHCP
    > lease.
    >
    > 72.x.x.x.x represents the DHCP address on my external interface.
    >
    > 192.168.0.x represents the internal network or LAN.
    > 10.0.0.0 represents a PAT forward to a firewall from the External interface.

    What interfaces contain the 192.168 and 10.* IP addresses ? Some BVI
    interface ?

    I am not sure you want to "route" between the two. You may have to
    replicate your IP NAT commands to have the last argument the 10.*
    interface instead of the Dialer interface and add the apprpriate IP NAT
    inside/outside commands to the interface definitions to "link" the two
    subnets.

    I haven't done this so not sure it will work.

    To route beween two subnets in my case:

    I have BVI 10 with 10.0.0.1/16
    and Fast/Internet 4 with 10.1.0.1/16

    I added "ip route 10.1.0.0 255.255.0.0 fa 4 permanent" to the config.
    It appears to work, but have not tested all possible convolutions.
    JF Mezei, Feb 7, 2010