Re: Router Settings

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Chuck [MVP], Apr 16, 2009.

  1. Chuck [MVP]

    Chuck [MVP] Guest

    On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:07:32 +0100, "Andy Baker" <>
    wrote:

    >I have a CE device that needs to access a Vista PC that is plugged into a
    >wireless router/network switch. When both the CE device and the PC are
    >connected wirelessly to the router, I can ping the router from both and I
    >can ping the CE device from the Vista PC, but not the other way around. If I
    >connect an ethernet cable to the router instead of connecting wirelessly, I
    >can ping the PC from the CE device.
    > I presume I need to set up some sort of routing on the wireless router
    >to tell it to pass packets from the CE device to the PC, but I haven't much
    >idea of how to do it. The CE device, PC and router all have static IP
    >addresses and the router is a BT Voyager 2100. Thanks in advance for any
    >help.
    >
    >Andy Baker

    Andy,

    The BT Voyager 2100 is (was) "state of the art". See if it has a DMZ /
    "Isolation Mode" or a similar setting, creating separate VLANs between the
    Ethernet switch and the WiFi radio.

    <http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005/05/your-personal-firewall-can-either-help.html>
    http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005/05/your-personal-firewall-can-either-help.html

    --
    Cheers,
    Chuck, MS-MVP 2005-2008 [Windows - Desktop Experience]
    Chuck [MVP], Apr 16, 2009