Re: Router or IE 7

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Michael D. Alligood, Dec 19, 2006.

  1. I have had no joy with d-link or Netgear routers. I have decided upon
    and use linksys routers for everything. On a side note, I stopped using
    wireless altogether. I was tired of fluctuating signal strength, dropped
    connection every time my cell phone rang, etc.. I have switched to
    powerline adapters, which is the greatest thing next to sliced bread!

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 19, 2006

  2. Netgear routers are very good. Never have problems with them Never have to
    power cycle them to get them to act normally again. However, I have had
    problems with Linksys and had to power cycle them quite a bit. Never have
    messed with DLink though. Don't know how they act.

    Keith Chilton, Dec 19, 2006

  3. I amend my comment to refer to SWITCHES not ROUTERS. It was an older Linksys
    I had issues with from time to time. Only had 3 or 4 ports. So I bought a 16
    port Netgear switch and seriously haven't had any issues at all with it.
    It's nice!

    Keith Chilton, Dec 19, 2006
  4. Michael D. Alligood

    BS Guest

    Thanks to you all, I appreciate your help. I guess I will start with the
    firefox advice if it doesn't work I will switch to powerline adapters. Looks
    like I am the only green guy in IT.
    Anybody sitting for 70-272. We could share one or two ideas. Bought measure
    up practice test!!!!!. I have one or two secured learning sites :)

    Happy Holidays,
    Bernard
    Network+, MCP

    BS, Dec 20, 2006