Re: Robert E. Lee

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by thund3rstruck, Nov 11, 2009.

  1. Evan Platt wrote:
    <snip>
    > He had a blood-alcohol
    > content of .24, three times the state's legal limit.

    <Snip>

    Somehow I'm not surprised...

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, Nov 11, 2009

  2. thund3rstruck

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:10:21 -0500, thund3rstruck wrote:

    > Evan Platt wrote:
    > <snip>
    > > He had a blood-alcohol
    >> content of .24, three times the state's legal limit.

    > <Snip>
    >
    > Somehow I'm not surprised...
    >
    > n0i

    Neither am I. Scientific experiments have shown that when a person stops
    drinking, the BAC will begin to rise. It peaks 2 to 3 hours later. I don't
    recall exactly why it happens but it has to do with the yeast in the drink
    mixing in with your blood.

    richard, Nov 11, 2009

  3. thund3rstruck

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    richard wrote:
    > On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:10:21 -0500, thund3rstruck wrote:
    >
    >> Evan Platt wrote:
    >> <snip>
    >> > He had a blood-alcohol
    >>> content of .24, three times the state's legal limit.

    >> <Snip>
    >>
    >> Somehow I'm not surprised...
    >>
    >> n0i

    > Neither am I. Scientific experiments have shown that when a person stops
    > drinking, the BAC will begin to rise. It peaks 2 to 3 hours later. I don't
    > recall exactly why it happens but it has to do with the yeast in the drink
    > mixing in with your blood.

    Alcohol is absorbed into the body via the stomach and intenstines,
    nothing to do with the yeast mixing with blood. The rate of absorbtion
    obviously depends on many factors, including sex, whether the drinker
    has eaten before, or during the drinking session, and body weight.

    Generally speaking though, authorities in my country warn that three
    standard drinks in an hour will put the drinker at the 0.08 level, and
    one drink per hour will keep the drinker at that level. In other
    words, it takes about an hour to get rid of the effects of one standard
    drink. For a woman the limits are halved.

    (A standard drink is defined as a middy of beer (285ml) = a nip (30ml)
    of spirits = a small glass (100ml) of wine = a small glass (60ml) of
    fortified wine such as sherry.)

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Nov 11, 2009
  4. thund3rstruck

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Bada bing richard <> bada bang:
    > On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:10:21 -0500, thund3rstruck wrote:
    >
    >> Evan Platt wrote:
    >> <snip>
    >> > He had a blood-alcohol
    >>> content of .24, three times the state's legal limit.

    >> <Snip>
    >>
    >> Somehow I'm not surprised...
    >>

    > Neither am I. Scientific experiments have shown that when a person stops
    > drinking, the BAC will begin to rise. It peaks 2 to 3 hours later. I don't
    > recall exactly why it happens but it has to do with the yeast in the drink
    > mixing in with your blood.

    Do tell us what happens when the yeast penetrates the barrier to
    the brain? Does the carbon dioxide gas from the fermentation make
    you feel light headed?

    Mike "or has the embolism already killed you?" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Nov 11, 2009