Re: Roaming profiles and WPA using PEAP MS-CHAPv2

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by aLTeReGo, Mar 16, 2005.

  1. aLTeReGo

    aLTeReGo Guest

    Klashma wrote:
    > *Did anyone find a solution to this one? I am also having the same
    > problems. *

    I spent $300.00 to Microsoft to work a case to find the solution to
    this problem. In the end my money was refunded. If you have any
    intention of contacting Microsoft regarding this issue I would be happy
    to provide you with my case ID for reference.

    The long and short is this. Roaming profiles over wireless using
    Windows XP RTM or SP1 and 802.1x in any configuration does not work and
    will never work. The issue is resolved in Windows XP SP2. Upgrade to SP2
    and everything should be cool. It's working flawlessly for me. If you
    are having problems with Roaming Profiles with XP SP2 over wireless
    with 802.1x, WPA, or WPA2 let me know and I can probably help you out.

    --
    aLTeReGo

    aLTeReGo, Mar 16, 2005