Re: Road-Tripping Through Tennessee With The D3!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Radical Radish, Jun 30, 2008.

  1. Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    > And I must say that Tennessee is such a beautiful state rich in history
    > and charm. There's nowhere else in the US where you can go that will
    > send you back in time to a simpler era. I even found Bret's ancestral
    > birth place that dates back six generations.
    >
    > <http://ritaberk.myhosting247.com/foothills.htm>
    >

    > Rita

    Um, does anyone else think that Rita would find something mystical in a
    fur ball her cat chucked up?
    Radical Radish, Jun 30, 2008

  2. Radical Radish

    Jufi Guest

    "Radical Radish" <> wrote in message
    > Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    >> And I must say that Tennessee is such a beautiful state rich in history
    >> and charm. There's nowhere else in the US where you can go that will
    >> send you back in time to a simpler era. I even found Bret's ancestral
    >> birth place that dates back six generations.
    >>
    >> <http://ritaberk.myhosting247.com/foothills.htm>
    >>

    >> Rita

    > Um, does anyone else think that Rita would find something mystical in a
    > fur ball her cat chucked up?

    I'd take any fur ball over Reata. I think the real reason she went to TN was
    to have sex with Brett. Yeah, that's the ticket.
    Jufi, Jun 30, 2008

  3. Radical Radish

    Jufi Guest

    "George Kerby" <> wrote in message

    > On 6/30/08 1:42 AM, in article ,
    > "Radical
    > Radish" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    >>> And I must say that Tennessee is such a beautiful state rich in history
    >>> and charm. There's nowhere else in the US where you can go that will
    >>> send you back in time to a simpler era. I even found Bret's ancestral
    >>> birth place that dates back six generations.
    >>>
    >>> <http://ritaberk.myhosting247.com/foothills.htm>
    >>>

    >>> Rita

    >> Um, does anyone else think that Rita would find something mystical in a
    >> fur ball her cat chucked up?
    >>

    > What would you expect for someone who post pictures of 'her' dog's
    > asshole?

    Be careful, she may start posting pix of here face rather than the mutt's
    ass, and nobody wants that.
    Jufi, Jun 30, 2008
  4. In message news:, Radical Radish
    <> done wrote:

    > Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    >> And I must say that Tennessee is such a beautiful state rich in history
    >> and charm. There's nowhere else in the US where you can go that will
    >> send you back in time to a simpler era. I even found Bret's ancestral
    >> birth place that dates back six generations.
    >>
    >> <http://ritaberk.myhosting247.com/foothills.htm>
    >>

    >> Rita

    > Um, does anyone else think that Rita would find something mystical in a
    > fur ball her cat chucked up?

    Rita IS a fur ball her cat chucked up.
    Alotta Fagina, Jun 30, 2008
  5. Radical Radish

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 08:20:59 -0700, John McWilliams
    <> wrote:

    >Jufi wrote:
    >>
    >> "George Kerby" <> wrote in message

    >>> What would you expect for someone who post pictures of 'her' dog's
    >>> asshole?

    >> Be careful, she may start posting pix of here face rather than the
    >> mutt's ass, and nobody wants that.

    >I don't understand why anyone would ever go to any link "Rita" posts. At
    >some point, one will link to a steaming pile of dogshit, his idea of a
    >real 'gotcha', and highly humorous at that. Yes, I bit once, but never
    >again.

    The humor in an image of a pile of steaming dogshit is roughly on par
    with the humor of using "his" to deprecate a female poster whose
    efforts one does not appreciate.

    Puerile meets puerile.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jun 30, 2008
  6. Radical Radish

    Jufi Guest

    <> wrote in message

    >> I don't understand why anyone would ever go to any link "Rita" posts.

    > Because they frequently ARE good pictures? Is that enough?

    I've never seen anything from Reata that would quality as "good." Most are
    just very pedestrian snapshots of unknown origin. No EXIF, nothing. If
    you've seen one that is good, let me know.
    Jufi, Jun 30, 2008
  7. Radical Radish

    Jufi Guest

    "tony cooper" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 08:20:59 -0700, John McWilliams
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Jufi wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "George Kerby" <> wrote in message

    >>> Be careful, she may start posting pix of here face rather than the
    >>> mutt's ass, and nobody wants that.

    >>I don't understand why anyone would ever go to any link "Rita" posts. At
    >>some point, one will link to a steaming pile of dogshit, his idea of a
    >>real 'gotcha', and highly humorous at that. Yes, I bit once, but never
    >>again.

    > The humor in an image of a pile of steaming dogshit is roughly on par
    > with the humor of using "his" to deprecate a female poster whose
    > efforts one does not appreciate.

    Yes, the effort to post a pic of a pile of shit is appreciated by some, to
    be sure. If you enjoy pictures of shit, more power to you. For some of us,
    as much as we dislike pics of shit, they're still preferable to Reata's
    face. Whatever it looks like.
    Jufi, Jun 30, 2008
  8. Radical Radish

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:50:18 -0700, John McWilliams
    <> wrote:

    >tony cooper wrote:
    >> On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 08:20:59 -0700, John McWilliams
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> I don't understand why anyone would ever go to any link "Rita" posts. At
    >>> some point, one will link to a steaming pile of dogshit, his idea of a
    >>> real 'gotcha', and highly humorous at that. Yes, I bit once, but never
    >>> again.

    >> The humor in an image of a pile of steaming dogshit is roughly on par
    >> with the humor of using "his" to deprecate a female poster whose
    >> efforts one does not appreciate.
    >>
    >> Puerile meets puerile.

    >Ah, tony-the-righteous! FYI, ole "Rita" is male, and I've seen you
    >inquiring about how one knows, etc.; I shan't, probably can't, prove it
    >to your satisfaction.
    >
    >But, assuming, ever so hypothetically, that she is a he, do you not find
    >some dishonesty in such posing? Along with complete cloaking of self?
    >Again, kindly answer the question in its hypothetical form rather than
    >going on about how one knows- or really cares- about the gender of "Rita".

    No, not really. Just looking at the other names used in posts that
    are unread on my screen (I set Agent to not show read posts) I see
    "The Kat" and "Jufi" and "Hancock4" and "Dimond Geeza"...all screen
    names intended to conceal the owner's identity and all screen names
    that do not reveal the sex of the poster. They all completely cloak.

    I see "John McWilliams", but I have no assurity that "John McWilliams"
    is either male - as "John" would indicate - or truly named
    "McWilliams". While there are no unread posts by Annika/Bret, there's
    a conflict in those two names. I see no dishonesty in that.

    Now, assuming ever-so hypothetically, that Rita would or could prove
    beyond the shadow of a doubt that "Rita Berkowitz" is her true name
    and that she is actually a "she", would that make her more honest in
    your eyes? Would it make the slightest bit of difference in your
    appraisal of her or her work?

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jun 30, 2008
  9. Radical Radish

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jun 30, 9:07 am, "Jufi" <> wrote:

    > I'd take any fur ball over Reata. I think the real reason she went to TN was
    > to have sex with Brett. Yeah, that's the ticket.

    The cocksucker chose the safest time to visit Tennessee .... when he
    knew I'd be in South Carolina.
    Annika1980, Jun 30, 2008
  10. Radical Radish

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:59:51 -0700, John McWilliams
    <> wrote:

    >tony cooper wrote:
    >> On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:50:18 -0700, John McWilliams
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Ah, tony-the-righteous! FYI, ole "Rita" is male, and I've seen you
    >>> inquiring about how one knows, etc.; I shan't, probably can't, prove it
    >>> to your satisfaction.
    >>>
    >>> But, assuming, ever so hypothetically, that she is a he, do you not find
    >>> some dishonesty in such posing? Along with complete cloaking of self?
    >>> Again, kindly answer the question in its hypothetical form rather than
    >>> going on about how one knows- or really cares- about the gender of "Rita".

    >> No, not really. Just looking at the other names used in posts that
    >> are unread on my screen (I set Agent to not show read posts) I see
    >> "The Kat" and "Jufi" and "Hancock4" and "Dimond Geeza"...all screen
    >> names intended to conceal the owner's identity and all screen names
    >> that do not reveal the sex of the poster. They all completely cloak.

    >Are you *trying* to be obtuse?

    >There's a big difference between handles and a carefully made up name,
    >complete with umlaut, that announces "female".

    No, there really isn't a "big difference". You either use your real
    name, a shortening of your real name, or you make up a screen name.
    If you make one up, it doesn't make any difference if you use a screen
    name that looks like a real name or not. The intent is not to reveal
    what you consider to be information too personal to spread over the
    net.

    As far as being "obtuse", that's a matter of perspective. To you, for
    some reason, the name used and the sex indicated makes a difference to
    you when you read a post. I have no idea why. It doesn't make a
    difference to me, and it evidently doesn't make a difference to some
    other readers of this group. There's only a few of you who seem
    obsessed with it. Perhaps it has something to do with not being
    breast fed as a baby or chewing on lead paint chips when young. I
    can't think of a logical reason for it.

    >> I see "John McWilliams", but I have no assurity that "John McWilliams"
    >> is either male - as "John" would indicate - or truly named
    >> "McWilliams". While there are no unread posts by Annika/Bret, there's
    >> a conflict in those two names. I see no dishonesty in that.

    >For those who use handles that are clearly that, I don't either. Or use
    >a million different sock puppets but sign their real name.

    What assurance can you provide that "John McWilliams" is your real
    name? That you are not, in fact, Lucy Fahrquat and a retired bearded
    lady from the circus? Or that you *were* Lucy Fahrquat and "John
    McWilliams is the name you chose after the operation?

    No, never mind. I don't really care.

    >As I've said in the past, tony (real name?), "Rita" is exceedingly
    >clever, and it's too bad he's turned into such a pest.

    No, "tony" is not the name on my birth certificate.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jul 1, 2008
  11. Radical Radish

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 20:26:46 -0400, "Rita Berkowitz"
    <> wrote:

    >tony cooper wrote:
    >
    >> Now, assuming ever-so hypothetically, that Rita would or could prove
    >> beyond the shadow of a doubt that "Rita Berkowitz" is her true name
    >> and that she is actually a "she", would that make her more honest in
    >> your eyes? Would it make the slightest bit of difference in your
    >> appraisal of her or her work?

    >You seem to be missing the underlying issue, Tony. It seems I severely
    >emotionally damaged John long ago and he hasn't forgiven himself for me
    >setting the stage for him to demonstrate to the world him being such an ass.
    >And don't believe for a minute John doesn't sneak a peak at my wonderful D3
    >pics.

    He probably looks at your bad ones, too. One never knows which will
    be linked.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jul 1, 2008
  12. Radical Radish

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jun 30, 9:27 pm, "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote:

    > > He probably looks at your bad ones, too.  One never knows which will
    > > be linked.

    > LOL!  Even the bad ones are good if it pisses him off.
    >
    > Rita
    > --

    It might be helpful in the future to label the bad ones and the good
    ones so that we'll be able to tell which is which.
    All those turds look alike to me.
    Annika1980, Jul 1, 2008
  13. Radical Radish

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:39:59 -0700, John McWilliams
    <> wrote:

    >Annika1980 wrote:
    >>> LOL! Even the bad ones are good if it pisses him off.

    >> It might be helpful in the future to label the bad ones and the good
    >> ones so that we'll be able to tell which is which.
    >> All those turds look alike to me.

    >It's kinda cute that ole Rita now has a fanboi and defender, "not tony".

    If you've followed my posting history here*, you will have noticed
    that I've both defended and criticized Rita. In her defense, it's
    fine with me if she chooses to amuse herself by pulling y'all's
    chains. If you let her get to you, it's on you. I've been critical
    of her over some of her ridiculous claims about the superiority of
    Nikon**, shipping companies, and free shipping.

    My primary "defense" of her centers around the fact that she a) takes
    pictures, and b) posts links to them here despite knowing what the
    predictable responses will be from the peanut gallery.

    I seldom comment on the images because she isn't asking for critiques.

    *If you have, I strongly suggest you find something more useful to do
    with your time.

    **I own two Nikons, but I find the brand wars to be about as boring as
    the brouhaha over whether or not she's a "she" or whether or not she's
    using her proper name.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jul 1, 2008
  14. John McWilliams wrote:
    > tony cooper wrote:
    >> On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:39:59 -0700, John McWilliams
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> It's kinda cute that ole Rita now has a fanboi and defender, "not tony".

    >> If you've followed my posting history here*, you will have noticed
    >> that I've both defended and criticized Rita. In her defense, it's
    >> fine with me if she chooses to amuse herself by pulling y'all's
    >> chains. If you let her get to you, it's on you. I've been critical
    >> of her over some of her ridiculous claims about the superiority of
    >> Nikon**, shipping companies, and free shipping.
    >>
    >> My primary "defense" of her centers around the fact that she a) takes
    >> pictures, and b) posts links to them here despite knowing what the
    >> predictable responses will be from the peanut gallery.

    > Not exactly a real boon to those trying to learn, eh? Anyone can post
    > links to his or her images - but to what end? In Rita's case it's to get
    > attention, no?
    >
    >> I seldom comment on the images because she isn't asking for critiques.

    > Restraint could also be the mark of a gentleman! Well done!
    >>
    >> *If you have, I strongly suggest you find something more useful to do
    >> with your time.

    > Hah! That is amusing; thanks for the humor.
    >>
    >> **I own two Nikons, but I find the brand wars to be about as boring as
    >> the brouhaha over whether or not she's a "she" or whether or not she's
    >> using her proper name.

    > Agreed re brands wars. If indeed there's a brouhaha, it's coming from
    > others. I merely point it out because I feel it's seminal in this
    > particular case of trolling. I do find it interesting that a male would
    > hide behind the persona of a female, consistently and, well,
    > pathetically.

    Pathetically?

    What is pathetic about being female - or posing as one?

    If Rita is male and is posing as female, well that could be regarded as
    ambition, seeking to better himself. Such a thing should be admired. :)

    It probably isn't really important whether Rita is female or male, in fact
    looking through both the posts in various newsgroups and the comment on
    hosting sites I could almost believe that Rita is more than one person,
    both male and female, all using the one posting ID.

    The only thing that really arouses my curiosity is why someone who creates
    opportunity to brag about owning a particular camera, would strip the Exif
    data out, data that would go some way toward proving that s/he does indeed
    own that model camera. Despite all references to "mystical" properties, I
    have yet to see anything s/he has posted that couldn't be re-created with a
    good point & shoot camera. The D3 is an excellent camera but it certainly
    isn't mystical.

    My father, who is a die hard film aficionado slowly making the move to
    digital, says that to good photographers cameras like the D3 are what
    automatic transmissions are to good drivers. They offer little other than
    convenience, take away from the pride in good work and can actually detract
    from maximum performance. You can't convince him otherwise.

    Secret Squirrel

    --

    Ingrid Rose

    clandestin.ecureuil(insert missing symbol here)gmail.com
    clandestin_écureuil, Jul 1, 2008
  15. Radical Radish

    Paul Furman Guest

    John McWilliams wrote:
    > Moose & Squirrel wrote:
    >> John McWilliams wrote:

    Sometimes they are actually steaming piles of shit. Literally.
    Not hard to understand people not wanting to repeat that.

    >>> Not for many of us.
    >>>
    >>> Can you link to any images of "Rita's" that you consider good? If you
    >>> and two others - even sock puppets say they're quite good, I'll stop
    >>> posting about "Rita"'s images.

    >> TPKA Rita responded to a link about a flicker account... Many of the
    >> photos in the albums *I* consider to be "good." TPKA Rita has
    >> demonstrated a strong sense of humor with the clever play on words
    >> subject lines used in providing a link to a photo, in all honesty, a
    >> few such links didn't thrill me at all.

    > "Rita" has a sense of humor, all right, but mostly to amuse himself. The
    > Subject line style he copied from Bret/Annika.
    >
    > I still don't have a link to any of his photos that others feel are good
    > images. (Links by him don't count as I won't go to any posted by such a
    > four flusher.)

    The Tennesse pic in the OP is pretty good:
    http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Ford.jpg
    there are some other nice shots:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/softpaw/2598612763/sizes/o/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/softpaw/2463345860/sizes/o/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/softpaw/2410564335/sizes/o/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/softpaw/2372674146/sizes/o/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/softpaw/2275890892/sizes/o/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/softpaw/2249562064/sizes/o/

    Hmm, most of the good ones were never posted here though as I recall.

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net

    Paul Furman, Jul 2, 2008
  16. Radical Radish

    Jufí Guest

    "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote in message
    > Paul Furman wrote:
    >
    >>> I still don't have a link to any of his photos that others feel are
    >>> good images. (Links by him don't count as I won't go to any posted
    >>> by such a four flusher.)

    >> Hmm, most of the good ones were never posted here though as I recall.

    > LOL! Funny how little Johnny has gone silent. Or should I say scampered
    > off like a scalded dog? Where's Johnny?

    He went running for a barf bag. All those shots are nothing, really, except
    snapshots. Nothing special, just plain old front lit snapshots that could
    have been taken with a Panny FZ18. In fact, someone with an ounce of talent
    can do a lot better with a Panny FZ18.
    Jufí, Jul 3, 2008
  17. Radical Radish

    John Turco Guest

    tony cooper wrote:

    <heavily edited for brevity>

    > Now, assuming ever-so hypothetically, that Rita would or could prove
    > beyond the shadow of a doubt that "Rita Berkowitz" is her true name
    > and that she is actually a "she", would that make her more honest in
    > your eyes? Would it make the slightest bit of difference in your
    > appraisal of her or her work?

    Hello, Tony:

    "Rita Ä Berkowitz" is an infantile troll, and that's the only point
    which really matters. Everything else is irrelevant!

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>
    John Turco, Jul 4, 2008
  18. Radical Radish

    m II Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:

    > All those turds look like me.

    Steal any pictures today, thief?

    mike

    --
    Due to the insane amount of spam and garbage, this filter
    blocks all postings from Gmail, Google Mail and Google Groups.

    http://improve-usenet.org/
    m II, Jul 4, 2008