Re: ripping DVDs

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Flossie, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. Flossie

    Flossie Guest

    "John Kingscott" <> wrote in message
    > Can you copy a DVD you have brought on to your hard drive? any freeware
    > software available?
    >
    > John
    > UK

    Use DVDDecrypter , Get it from http://www.dvddecrypter.com/download.asp .
    This will Decode and copy the contents to the harddrive and take away the
    Region Encoding.

    ---
    Flossie, Aug 26, 2003

  2. cheers - how long can i expect a normal DVD to take?

    John Kingscott, Aug 26, 2003

  3. Flossie

    Me Guest

    Re: ripping DVDs -

    > > Can you copy a DVD you have brought on to your hard drive? any freeware
    > > software available?
    > >

    > Use DVDDecrypter , Get it from http://www.dvddecrypter.com/download.asp .
    > This will Decode and copy the contents to the harddrive and take away the
    > Region Encoding.

    I use SmartRipper. Is one program any better than the other?
    Me, Aug 27, 2003
  4. Flossie

    Flossie Guest

    Re: ripping DVDs -

    "Me" <> wrote in message
    > > > Can you copy a DVD you have brought on to your hard drive? any

    freeware
    > > > software available?
    > > >

    > > Use DVDDecrypter , Get it from http://www.dvddecrypter.com/download.asp

    ..
    > > This will Decode and copy the contents to the harddrive and take away

    the
    > > Region Encoding.

    > I use SmartRipper. Is one program any better than the other?

    Each to his own, iv`e only ever used DVD Devrypter so i cant`t give a
    verdict on SmartRipper.

    ---
    Flossie, Aug 27, 2003
  5. Flossie

    RICH KOSTEL Guest

    Re: ripping DVDs -

    Flossie
    Thanks for the input, after one copies the DVD to the hard drive, how or
    what program do you use to put it onto a DVD+R or DVD+RW?

    RICH KOSTEL, Aug 27, 2003
  6. Flossie

    DVDHelp.us Guest

    Re: ripping DVDs -

    On 26 Aug 2003, "Me" <> spake thusly, as shown in news:3f4c1679$0
    $216$:

    > I use SmartRipper. Is one program any better than the other?

    DVD Decrypter is superior to SmartRipper, but sometimes one will work on a
    problem disc and the other won't. Keep 'em both handy, as well as DVD
    Shrink, which is way easier to use, but doesn't "always" work, so sometimes
    you'll need to rip first with DVD Decrypter and THEN run it through DVD
    Shrink.

    --
    Jake

    Webmaster