Re: RGB Code for Sky

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by shiva das, Oct 17, 2010.

  1. shiva das

    shiva das Guest

    In article <>,
    Dudley Hanks <> wrote:

    > Greetings!
    >
    > I'm developing a logo for my site, but I can't seem to track down an RGB code
    > for "sky blue."
    >
    > Well, that's not entirely true. I've Googled the topic and received a number
    > of different codes, but I'm told none of them look natural when used in the
    > file I'm working on.
    >
    > Would appreciate any help that might be offered.
    >
    > Take Care,
    > Dudley

    Here's an interesting article published by the Pantone Inc. on what they
    consider sky blue
    (their short answer is R: 155, G: 196, B: 226)

    Color the Millennium Cerulean Blue
    <http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/pantone.aspx?pg=20194&ca=10>

    Pantone Pronounces this Sky Blue as the Hue of the Future
    Carlstadt, NJ, April 26, 1999 -- The official color of the millennium is
    Cerulean Blue PANTONE 15-4020 TC, the color of the sky on a serene,
    crystal clear day, says Pantone, Inc., the world's leading authority on
    color and color trends.

    Lifestyle movements suggest that consumers will be seeking inner peace
    and spiritual fulfillment in the new millennium. This is a paradoxical
    time in which we are heading toward an uncertain, yet exciting, future,
    and also looking back, trying to hold onto the security of the past. In
    this stressful, high-tech era, we will be searching for solace and
    Cerulean Blue produces the perfect calming effect.

    "Psychologically, gazing at a blue sky brings a sense of peace and
    tranquillity to the human spirit," says Leatrice Eiseman, executive
    director of the Pantone Color Institute®. "Sky blue is imprinted in our
    psyches as a retiring, quiescent color. Surrounding yourself with
    Cerulean blue could bring on a certain peace because it reminds you of
    time spent outdoors, on a beach, near the water - associations with
    restful, peaceful, relaxing times. In addition, it makes the unknown a
    little less frightening because the sky, which is a presence in our
    lives every day, is a constant and is always there. That's the
    dependability factor of blue."

    "Our studies show that blue is the leading favorite color for designers
    and consumers worldwide, regardless of culture, gender or geographic
    origin," says Lisa Herbert, vice president, corporate communications
    worldwide, Pantone, Inc. "Not only is it a favorite in the U.S., but it
    is the first color choice in Europe and Asia as well. We've chosen
    Cerulean Blue as the official color for the millennium because of its
    mass appeal. It is a universal, unisex color, applicable to just about
    every consumer product including women's, men's and children's fashions,
    interior design and home furnishings, cosmetics and even automobiles."
    Physiologically, the viewing of blue reduces blood pressure, heartbeat
    and respiration rate and creates a calming effect.

    Socio-ecologically, as we enter the next century, water issues are
    emerging at the forefront of the public's consciousness. Exhausting our
    natural resources and polluting our environment, particularly our water
    supply, continues to be a concern, another reason for the popularity of
    blue for the future.
    shiva das, Oct 17, 2010