Re: restoring OE settings

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Tools / Options / Read ... Fonts.
    Tools / Options / Compose ... Font Settings.

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:10:48 +0100, in
    <beka5v$2sf$>
    miss calm scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 10, 2003

  2. °Mike°

    miss calm Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in message
    > Tools / Options / Read ... Fonts.
    > Tools / Options / Compose ... Font Settings.

    Thanks Mike thats great, but do you know what the correct font setting is
    for OE?

    miss calm, Jul 10, 2003

  3. °Mike°

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as miss calm continued:

    > °Mike° <> wrote in message
    >> Tools / Options / Read ... Fonts.
    >> Tools / Options / Compose ... Font Settings.

    > Thanks Mike thats great, but do you know what the correct font
    > setting is for OE?

    If there was only one setting, you wouldn't have the option to change them.
    Just go through what has been suggested and see what you like best.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 10, 2003
  4. °Mike°

    miss calm Guest

    trout <> wrote in message
    > miss calm wrote:
    >
    > > slumpy <> wrote in message
    > >> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
    > >> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as miss calm
    > >> continued:

    > >> If there was only one setting, you wouldn't have the option to
    > >> change them. Just go through what has been suggested and see what
    > >> you like best.

    > > But I dont want the one I like best Slumpy, I want the correct one
    > > that everyone else uses?

    > There is no 'correct one that everyone uses'. Since the 'compose'
    > and 'read' settings are separate; it likely won't make a difference to
    > anyone what settings you use.
    > So, suit yourself. Start of with the "read" settings, and find
    > something legible enough, large enough, and not too weird-looking to
    > suit your personal taste.
    > Try different ones, and "apply". You'll see immediately if the
    > newsgroup looks okay, or not; and you can always try something else.
    > Some very common fonts are Arial, Courier New, and Times New Roman.
    > --
    > "Don't worry so much."

    Thanks Trout and all, I will do that now............ :)

    miss calm, Jul 11, 2003
  5. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 20:17:21 -0700, in
    <bela8i$5o80t$-berlin.de>
    trout scrawled:

    >miss calm wrote:
    >
    >> slumpy <> wrote in message
    >>> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
    >>> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as miss calm
    >>> continued:

    >>> If there was only one setting, you wouldn't have the option to
    >>> change them. Just go through what has been suggested and see what
    >>> you like best.

    >> But I dont want the one I like best Slumpy, I want the correct one
    >> that everyone else uses?

    > There is no 'correct one that everyone uses'. Since the 'compose'
    >and 'read' settings are separate; it likely won't make a difference to
    >anyone what settings you use.
    > So, suit yourself. Start of with the "read" settings, and find
    >something legible enough, large enough, and not too weird-looking to
    >suit your personal taste.
    > Try different ones, and "apply". You'll see immediately if the
    >newsgroup looks okay, or not; and you can always try something else.
    > Some very common fonts are Arial, Courier New, and Times New Roman.

    Thanks for covering my six, trout.

    --
    "May your life be filled with experiences."

    °Mike°, Jul 11, 2003
  6. °Mike°

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as miss calm continued:

    >>> Thanks Mike thats great, but do you know what the correct font
    >>> setting is for OE?

    >> If there was only one setting, you wouldn't have the option to
    >> change them. Just go through what has been suggested and see what
    >> you like best.

    > But I dont want the one I like best Slumpy, I want the correct one
    > that everyone else uses?

    You /don't/ want the one you like ?
    Well options are wasted on you. Have you tried the default options, or
    asking whoever configured your machine before ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 11, 2003
  7. °Mike°

    trout Guest

    °Mike° wrote:
    <snip>

    > Thanks for covering my six, trout.

    You're welcome.
    --
    "(I'm not missing an opportunity like this.)"

    trout, Jul 11, 2003