Re: Restoring "local folders"

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Apr 14, 2008.

  1. Gualtier Malde wrote:
    > I am running Thunderbird 2.0.0.12 in Windows 2000. I have managed to hide local
    > folders and now can't find out how to un-hide them. Went to "Help" and didn't
    > get anything that seemed to work. I am having a bit of memory problems lately
    > (seriously) but seem to recall that the instructions I had for hiding the
    > folders said the action could be reversed.
    >
    > BTW the reason I did that in the first place was that I was getting old copies
    > of messages left on the server and I wanted to stop that. I had been leaving
    > them on the server during a time of communication unreliabilities which are now
    > solved.
    >
    > I'll appreciate some help.

    did you try View, Folders, All? Did that work?

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Apr 14, 2008

  2. Gualtier Malde wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Gualtier Malde wrote:
    >>> I am running Thunderbird 2.0.0.12 in Windows 2000. I have managed to
    >>> hide local folders and now can't find out how to un-hide them. Went
    >>> to "Help" and didn't get anything that seemed to work. I am having a
    >>> bit of memory problems lately (seriously) but seem to recall that the
    >>> instructions I had for hiding the folders said the action could be
    >>> reversed.
    >>>
    >>> BTW the reason I did that in the first place was that I was getting
    >>> old copies of messages left on the server and I wanted to stop that.
    >>> I had been leaving them on the server during a time of communication
    >>> unreliabilities which are now solved.
    >>>
    >>> I'll appreciate some help.

    >> did you try View, Folders, All? Did that work?
    >>

    > Actually I hadn't, but when I did, the "All" was already checked. I then looked
    > down the drop down menu and there was this "Local folders"... which I checked
    > and which restored them.
    >
    > No kidding, I am really concerned at my tendency to overlook the obvious. Thank
    > you for compensating for my lapses.

    I couldn't find a menu with "local folders" in it. Oh well,
    as long as you've got it working, thats the main thing.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Apr 14, 2008