Re: Restoring corrupt Thunderbird files

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Bit Twister, Jan 6, 2009.

  1. Bit Twister

    Bit Twister Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 21:24:17 -0600, Keith Lee wrote:

    > My Thunderbird files became corrupted so I reached for my last full
    > backup. After restoring them to my thunderbird profile folder, I
    > then discovered that while I can see my email folders, I cannot see
    > the emails in them.

    Never done a restore myself.
    I would verify all restored directory/files uid/gid and permissions.

    ls -al ~/.thunderbird/*/*/*

    I wonder if file names with spaces in the names were saved/restored.

    Bit Twister, Jan 6, 2009

  2. Bit Twister

    Bit Twister Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 22:51:07 -0600, Keith Lee wrote:

    > BT:
    > Thanks. I managed to fix it.

    Well what was the solution?

    Bit Twister, Jan 6, 2009

  3. Keith Lee wrote:
    > On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 10:11:28 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 22:51:07 -0600, Keith Lee wrote:
    >>> BT:
    >>> Thanks. I managed to fix it.
    >>>

    >> Well what was the solution?

    > BT:
    > I had a proper backup from Sunday; so, I booted to my Windows partition and restored my files to a Fat32
    > partition. I then moved them to a new ext3 Linux partition where they will stay from now on. :)
    >
    > Keith

    next time, try deleting the *.msf files first and see
    if that works.

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jan 6, 2009