    Is there any way to recover from "Blue screen" malaise - Without resorting
    to reloading the o/s?

    Just wondered! :0)

    Picker, May 26, 2004

  2. Picker

    Stuart Guest

    Picker wrote:

    > Is there any way to recover from "Blue screen" malaise - Without resorting
    > to reloading the o/s?
    >
    > Just wondered! :0)

    No, a restart is required. Sometimes it is worth turning it off for at
    least 10 seconds to clear the memory, some blue screens can return on a
    direct restart if the problem is resident in the memory.

    Stuart

    Stuart, May 26, 2004

  3. Picker

    Wizard Guest

    Yes, many.

    Wizard, May 26, 2004
  4. Picker

    derek / nul Guest

    No, its an unrecoverable error.

    You should be looking at what the error is saying.

    Derek

    derek / nul, May 26, 2004
  5. Picker wrote:

    > Is there any way to recover from "Blue screen" malaise - Without resorting
    > to reloading the o/s?
    >
    > Just wondered! :0)

    yes, search google for a program called bartpe

    If in doubt mail me at and I can help you some more.

    Nathaniel Freeman, Sep 10, 2005
  6. Nathaniel Freeman wrote:

    > Picker wrote:
    >
    >> Is there any way to recover from "Blue screen" malaise - Without
    >> resorting
    >> to reloading the o/s?
    >>
    >> Just wondered! :0)
    >>

    > yes, search google for a program called bartpe
    >
    > If in doubt mail me at and I can help you some more.

    just to inform you as a follow up, bartpe allows you to boot from a cd
    even without a hard drive, thus allowing you to recover files and
    reinstall windows ;)

    Nathaniel Freeman, Sep 10, 2005