Re: Resetting a Switch to Factory Settings

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by klaus zerwes, Nov 6, 2008.

  1. klaus zerwes

    klaus zerwes Guest

    K schrieb:
    > I have a couple of 2900 series switches which we have inherited and need to
    > set them back to factory settings so I can start from clean with them.
    >
    > Is there an easy way of doing this?

    Yes.

    Depends ... if you have the passwords for the switches you may use write
    erase and reload

    If not you will have to reset the switch at boot-time.

    Search the cisco web site and you will find some tons of docs about that.

    Klaus

    --
    Klaus Zerwes
    http://www.zero-sys.net

    klaus zerwes, Nov 6, 2008

  2. klaus zerwes

    sdunn96

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2008
    Messages:
    34
    I think on the routers you push F5....and it will go into ROMMON

    May be the same for switches.

    sdunn96, Nov 6, 2008