Re: Request Advice for an Aspiring CCNA

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by photek, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. photek

    photek Guest

    Joe Barrett <> wrote in

    > I'm currently trying to get my CCNA certification and due to lack of
    > funds, I won't be able to take an actual course. As a result, I've
    > purchased the Cisco Press "CCNA Self-Study: CCNA Basics" book, and
    > have been reading it a great deal. After finishing that, as well as
    > doing a lot of the free stuff I've found online, I think I have a good
    > handle on most of the test side of the CCNA exam, but I've done
    > nothing for the lab.
    >
    > Does anyone have advice on what I should do to study for the lab?
    > What hardware [assuming it's not too expensive (under 400$ total for
    > all, ideally)] to buy to set up a test lab, etc.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Joe Barrett

    To get a good handle on the pratical side of the CCNA I used a 2503
    router from ebay and I also managed to get the router sim CCNA 3 which
    was a valuble resource. This is available from www.routersim.com.
    photek, Jul 13, 2003