Re: reoccuring spyware folder

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Andy, Jun 24, 2003.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Hey Granny,

    I linked to your Google search and for the first time, I'm not getting the
    reoccurring folder. I also found through those links OTHER registry keys!!
    I did my Spyware and Adware scan and nothing nothing nothing.

    My biggest offenders are Doubleclick and Aerate (spelling wrong).

    Thanks for you and of course all others who responded.

    "Granny" <> wrote in message

    > "Andy" <> wrote in message
    > : I have a spyware and aware remover program. When I surf the net I have
    > the
    > : Spy Watch automatically activated and its gets rid of the "bad" cookies.
    > It
    > : also keep finding a file in Windows File named amcdl on about 3/4
    > : occasions. Same folder over and over. It just kept coming back and

    back
    > on
    > : my hardrive. So the next time I did a scan, I found that the folder was
    > : back again in Windows. I went to Windows and there's no folder. SO, I
    > : "unhid" all files and sure enough it showed up. I let the spyware

    program
    > : remove and sure enough when I accessed Windows again it was STILL THERE
    > with
    > : only the single content missing. I deleted the file and it now sits in

    my
    > : bin.
    > :
    > : My question is how can this keep happening over and over again? Is it a
    > : particular site I'm visiting or could I get something like spyware

    through

    Andy, Jun 24, 2003