Re: reoccuring spyware folder

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Richard, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    "Andy" <> wrote in message
    > I have a spyware and aware remover program. When I surf the net I have

    the
    > Spy Watch automatically activated and its gets rid of the "bad" cookies.

    It
    > also keep finding a file in Windows File named amcdl on about 3/4
    > occasions. Same folder over and over. It just kept coming back and back

    on
    > my hardrive. So the next time I did a scan, I found that the folder was
    > back again in Windows. I went to Windows and there's no folder. SO, I
    > "unhid" all files and sure enough it showed up. I let the spyware program
    > remove and sure enough when I accessed Windows again it was STILL THERE

    with
    > only the single content missing. I deleted the file and it now sits in my
    > bin.
    >
    > My question is how can this keep happening over and over again? Is it a
    > particular site I'm visiting or could I get something like spyware through
    > email?
    >
    > I've yet to see if there will be another folder made into my Windows

    files.
    > It'll be interesting to see if another one makes it into my files.
    >
    > Thanks to anyone who has any idea of what's going on.

    Search your registry for any references and delete them.
    Adaware may catch it.
    The file comes back because you're connected to the net, which the registry
    settings detect, it phones home, and sneaks the file back to you.
    Richard, Jun 23, 2003

  2. Richard

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:07:20 -0500, in
    <>
    Richard scrawled:

    >"Andy" <> wrote in message
    >> I have a spyware and aware remover program. When I surf
    >> the net I have the Spy Watch automatically activated and
    >> its gets rid of the "bad" cookies. It also keep finding
    >> a file in Windows File named amcdl on about 3/4 occasions.
    >> Same folder over and over. It just kept coming back and
    >> back on my hardrive. So the next time I did a scan, I
    >> found that the folder was back again in Windows. I went
    >> to Windows and there's no folder. SO, I "unhid" all files
    >> and sure enough it showed up. I let the spyware program
    >> remove and sure enough when I accessed Windows again it
    >> was STILL THERE with only the single content missing. I
    >> deleted the file and it now sits in my bin.
    >>
    >> My question is how can this keep happening over and over
    >> again? Is it a particular site I'm visiting or could I
    >> get something like spyware through email?
    >>
    >> I've yet to see if there will be another folder made into
    >> my Windows files. It'll be interesting to see if another
    >> one makes it into my files.
    >>
    >> Thanks to anyone who has any idea of what's going on.
    >>

    >Search your registry for any references and delete them.

    Why don't you delete yourself, instead of incessantly dishing
    out this same (BAD) advice for every problem, Bullis?

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    °Mike°, Jun 23, 2003